A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Oh, yeah, you're a RIOT.

So remember the last fight I broke up?

The same copper who stood there open-mouthed whilst your gentle narrator took one of the miscreants firmly in hand saw me today and said, "So, Ms. Cornelius, used any ninja moves lately?"

I thought about saying, "No-- but could I practice on your pointy head? I need a practice dummy." But you know, he does have a gun, so I just ha-haaaed and walked away.

Gives new meaning to the word "flatfoot."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2/3/10, 7:49 PM, Blogger Amerloc said...

Morons with guns in school, teachers with a sense of humor. It all balances out, right?

But out of curiosity (and I know full well you have no control over the system), doesn't "word verification" imply actual words? I got "swarrate," which would work better under "random nonsense verification."

Wait!

I get it: you're a teacher; you get random nonsense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics