A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Let the New Year Begin! And impatient for the karmic wheel to finally crush the snot out of mine enemies

The Soundtrack of My Life for Today

Sing along with me, children!

"Better Things" (Ray Davies)-- three versions:
1. The Kinks
2. Dar Williams
3. Fountains of Wayne

Here's wishing you the bluest sky
And hoping something better comes tomorrow
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the doubt and sadness
I know that better things are on the way.

Here's hoping all the days ahead
Won't be as bitter as the ones behind you
Be an optimist instead,
And somehow happiness will find you.
Forget what happened yesterday,
I know that better things are on their way.

It's really good to see you rocking out
And having fun,
Living like you just begun.
Accept your life and what it brings.
I hope tomorrow you'll find better things.
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.

Here's wishing you the bluest sky
And hoping something better comes tomorrow
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the drudge and sadness
I know that better things are on the way.

I know you've got a lot of good things happening up ahead.
The past is gone, it's all been said.
So here's to what the future brings,
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.


This is what I repeat to myself: especially as I listen to my fearless leader, the Billy Ray Cyrus of all department chairs (AKA Redneck Mother) chortle in response to the possibility that I might have about sixteen preps next year because I am the only person qualified to teach certain classes that suddenly the administration has thought are a good idea. Which they aren't, may I say.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this person is always out to completely screw me, except for perhaps the time he had lied to an administrator about something and I inadvertently confirmed that a lie had occurred, after which I was screamed at about "violating the chain of command"-- which puzzled me, since I don't remember enlisting anywhere, and frankly, I felt like saying, if you're going to scatter lies around like Scarlett O'Hara, perhaps you might apprise me as to which lies you have told to whom and when. What is it that threatens you, you shrink-wrapped, petty, catty, backbiting, hypocritical, vituperative, malicious, timorous, cowering, testicularly-challenged, mange-infected, flat-topped, flat-headed ignorant son-of-a-Bob?

O wonderful blogosphere, thou allowest me to vent and be completely bitter with no consequences! How I love thee! I am sure I will be ashamed of this rant someday,

but not now. Now, I just need to vent. Bastuuuuhd.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/6/10, 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. When I read your rant Robin Williams voice was in my head. "Don't mess with me man. I'm a lawyer!" (Name the movie. BTW - I miss that game.)I may have to borrow your words in my own venting session one day.

 
At 1/7/10, 4:21 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oooh, you've stumped me. Must think. Good one!

 
At 1/7/10, 10:52 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Damn woman, what do you really feel about him? Come on, come clean on this new year....:-)

Sooooo.....when IS that time we can "retire?" And, when teachers retire, is it to get away from the kids or some of those fellow "teachers" and other school rif-raf?

 
At 1/7/10, 10:55 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

PS: Another good KINKS tune, especially for these current times, is LOW BUDGET. Ya know, theres not enough KINKS on You-tube.

But, I have been listening to whatshisname....Billy Covington's "People are Crazy"

SO much truth in some songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics