A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 11, 2010

Movie Madness Monday 138: Resurrection edition

There was once a game we played around here called Movie Madness Monday. It was a movie quote trivia game. I chose a few starter quotes, and then readers commented by adding their own quotes. I've decided it's way too gloomy out, and so I need a distraction. So here we go! Let's see if anyone will play!

"I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I'm afraid I've lost my liking for them. But, I think I could be safe with a nice toffee." (Pause) "Alas! Earwax!"

"A pity they let the old punishments die. Was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming...."

"Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?"

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh, bless him! Look! He knows his mummy! Hallo, Norbert!"

"Five points will be awarded to each of you.... for sheer dumb luck!"

"Me? Books and cleverness. There are more important things: friendship and bravery."

"Thirty-six?! But last year last year I had thirty-seven!"

So put your quotes from this movie in the comment section!

****Weekend Update: The one that started it all, and ALMOST as good as the book-- It's


HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE




I still say, if I could be anyone in the movie it would be Professor McGonagall! Thanks for playing!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1/11/10, 7:24 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Let's see if anyone will PLAY!? I LOVE Movie Madness Monday!

We just watched one of this series last night, in fact! Let's see if I can remember a quote from this installment...

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends." (this one is one of my favorites)

"Honestly, don't you two READ!?"

 
At 1/11/10, 9:29 AM, Blogger blossomteacher said...

I do this one too my hubby wayyyy too often....
"Where HAVE you BEEN?!!! Beds empty, no note, car gone! You could have died! You could have been SEEN!" Ok, just the first line...but I do it in a perfect Molly voice :)

 
At 1/11/10, 1:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I've missed this!

"Who told you about Fluffy?"

 
At 1/12/10, 6:53 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"I should NOT have told you that!"

"It does not do to dwell on dreams."

 
At 1/12/10, 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled."
"She needs to sort out her priorities!"

"No more questions, don't ask anymore questions!" (Being a teacher, I find this one especially hilarious!)

"You're a little scary sometimes, you know that? Brilliant... but scary."

"Honestly, woman. You call yourself our mother."

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

"the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death."

I ADORE this movie... and I am sooo glad you brought back the game!

 
At 1/13/10, 1:58 PM, Blogger Surani said...

It is our CHOICES, far more than our abilities, that show what we truly are.

 
At 1/13/10, 9:33 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics