A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, January 08, 2010

A gal walks into a school, and....

So yeah, literally two point five minutes after I walk into school, lost in my own thoughts, I get to help break up a girl fight as one of the school cops stands there open-mouthed until the danger is over. As I am thinking, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," I'm having to put some silly kid in a hold to keep her from knocking over a fellow staff member before 7 o'clock in the dang morning, and thinking, "Damn. I shoulda stood in bed."

I am sure the copper was stunned by my mad skillz as I put Dummy Number 1 up against a wall before she went back for a third helping of butt-whupping, but really.....

Dude, are these the reflexes we wish to see in our law-enforcement personnel? Because, you know, I am just an amateur, as the French would sneeringly say, but umm? You can't move faster than a middle-aged fat lady?

But one of my students who witnessed the whole debacle emailed me a .wav file of Darth Vader saying "Impressive." Now that made me laugh after a long, hard day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/8/10, 4:07 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

Good for you! And good for the student who sent you the Vader file!

 
At 1/9/10, 5:57 PM, Blogger MommyProf said...

You are my hero, Ms. C. Impressive doesn't even begin to cover it.

 
At 1/14/10, 8:54 AM, Blogger Kimberly Lloyd said...

Agree with Mrs. Bluebird -- I love hearing about young people with senses of humor, gives me hope for the future!

 
At 1/16/10, 2:03 AM, Blogger Kirk Parker said...

Ms. C.,

Do I read correctly that the officers were "dudes"? Isn't their reluctance to go hands-on with girls obviously answered right there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics