A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, December 29, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 134: Wishful Drinking edition

After plowing through Carrie Fisher's bio, which is absolutely a riot, I just had to do this again for MMM-- plus, it centers around New Year's. So put those quotes in the comments section!

"You're right, you're right, I KNOW you're right."

"Everybody thinks they have good taste and a sense of humor but they couldn't possibly all have good taste."

"You only had one date. How do you know it's not going to get worse?"
"How much worse can it get than finishing dinner, having him reach over, pull a hair out of my head and start flossing with it at the table?"

"You know, I'm so glad I never got involved with you. I just would have ended up being some woman you had to get up out of bed and leave at 3:00 in the morning and go clean your andirons, and you don't even have a fireplace, not that I would know this."

"You are a human affront to all women and I am a woman."

"I said we could just be friends. And this part I can remember he said that men and women could never really be friends. Do you think that's true?"
"No."
"Do you have any women friends, just friends?"
"No. But I will get one if it is important to you."

"Joe and I broke up."
"What?"
"When?"
"Monday."
"You waited three days to tell us?"
"You mean Joe's available?"

**** Update: This is all that needs to be said about WHEN HARRY MET SALLY:

Thanks for playing!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12/29/08, 1:32 PM, Blogger Ms Characterized said...

Not any of Carrie's, but: "Oh, but "baby fish mouth" is sweeping the nation."

 
At 12/29/08, 2:15 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

"I want what SHE'S having."

 
At 12/30/08, 12:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

"Waiter, there's too much pepper in my paprikash."

 
At 12/30/08, 8:54 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"... but I would be proud to partake of your pecan pieeeeeeeeee."

 
At 1/1/09, 2:55 PM, Blogger Janet said...

This is the 2nd time I read about this movie today after not hearing about it for years. Freaky:)

 
At 1/3/09, 3:57 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Because it's a great film!

"You were going to be a gymnast--"
"A journalist."
"Right, that's what I said."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics