A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 09, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 119: fedora edition

I seem to be losing my playmates, but I'm going to give this one more try. In honor of a recent excursion to the movies, I offer you this gem. Winner of 4 Oscars, this showed us that George +Steven=summertime fun!

So put your quotes from this film in the comment section.



"Didn't any of you guys ever go to Sunday school?"

"You can't do this to me! I'm an AMERICAN!!!!!"

"He said you were a bum."
"Oh, he's being generous."
"The most gifted bum he ever trained. You know, he loved you like a son. It took a hell of a lot for you to alienate him."
"Not much-- just you."

"Oh my friends! I am so pleased you are not dead!"

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
"Asps. Very dangerous. You go first."

WEEKLY UPDATE: Watch our for poison darts, gigantic round boulders, and melting Nazis in

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!


Three words: Harrison Ford! Yum! I was so glad to see that the latest film brought back Karen Allen, too!

Thanks for playing!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6/9/08, 5:20 PM, Blogger Imoen Grace said...

"You're not the man I knew ten years ago."
"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

 
At 6/9/08, 8:34 PM, Blogger Valerie Roberson said...

"Now what's that supposed to be coming out of there?"
"Lightning. Fire. Power of God or something."

"Good God!"
"Yes, that's what the Hebrews thought."

"You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions."

Great choice!!!!

 
At 6/9/08, 9:18 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

My favorite line from the whole thing?

"Bad dates."

 
At 6/9/08, 10:19 PM, Blogger Friar said...

"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do."

 
At 6/10/08, 8:01 AM, Blogger Caster said...

"They don't know what they've got there."
"Well, I know what I've got here!"

 
At 6/10/08, 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We have top men studying it."
'Who?"
"Top. men."

and
"Welcome to Cairo, city of the living!"

and
(in unison) "They're digging in the wrong place!"

-Matt

 
At 6/10/08, 9:26 PM, Blogger Jim Connolly said...

Haven't seen the latest installment, yet (requires too much coordination of schedules and babysitters to go to the movies), but here's a favorite line from the past:
"No thanks, I had bugs for lunch."

 
At 6/11/08, 5:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm such a loser. I had to Google it again. I'm usually better than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics