A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Front!

And go over to luxuriate in it over at Teacher in a Strange Land.

I simply MUST worship any blog that names itself after my favorite Heinlein novel (and I have every book ever written by the Master somewhere in this house).

As Valentine Michael Smith said, "I have learned two ways to tie my shoes. One way is only good for lying down. The other way is good for walking."

Walk on over!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5/22/08, 7:09 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm walking...

 
At 5/23/08, 8:21 PM, Blogger Nancy Flanagan said...

Thanks for your, umm, worshipful visit to Teacher in a Strange Land, and for posting yet another favorite RH/SIASL quote. Perhaps it will come in handy when you have to teach English (I commiserate, truly--been there, taught stuff). Best wishes on finishing up.

"Humanity does not want to be served; on the contrary it resents any attempt to serve it."

Just something to keep in mind.

Nancy

 
At 5/24/08, 1:06 AM, Blogger Jo Fothergill said...

i'm with you ... any reference no matter how tenuous to RAH has to be followed up ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics