A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 15, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 86: sacrilege edition

Welcome back to Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. I give you some starter quotes from a movie, and you include your own quotes in the comment section.

This week I'm going out on a ledge with a classic this week. I still remember listening to an entire MONTH'S worth of sermons about this one, back when I was forced to go to church with my parents. Let's see how you do.

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"
"Brought peace?"
"Oh, peace - shut up!"

"I think it was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers. '"

"There's no pleasing some people."
"That's just what Jesus said, sir."

"Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?"
"Did you say 'ex-leper?'"
"That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir."
"Well, what happened?"
"Oh, cured, sir."
"Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!"
"Who cured you?"
"Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! 'You're cured, mate.' Bloody do-gooder."

"Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly!"

****Weekend Update: Who else but Python could have done

THE LIFE of BRIAN?

Some people will follow anybody, which helps explain the Bush family phenomenon to me.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10/15/07, 8:47 PM, Blogger WHS Cheer Girl said...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

#1: You're only making it worse for yourself!
#2: Making it worse? How can it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

"Naughtius Maximus"

"Er, well, um, if you're dropping by again, do pop in. Heh. And thanks a lot for the gold and frankincense, er, but don't worry too much about the myrrh next time. All right? Heh. Thank you. Good-bye."

"Oh, it's blessed are the MEEK! Oh, I'm glad they're getting something, they have a hell of a time. "

I adore this movie! We actually talked about in my Sophomore Honors class today.

 
At 10/15/07, 9:23 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

Great flick but I have no quotes off the top of my head...

 
At 10/15/07, 11:26 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

IF this is the movie I am thinking of, I recall a great sceen with lots of women dressed in fake beards who were very eager to begin stoning a prostitute or adultress or some woman accused of something......

And the Latin grammar lesson for the grafitti artist.

I need to watch this again :-)

Oh, and if you haven't read it, Christopher Moore's "Lamb" was a good, humorous read.

 
At 10/16/07, 7:42 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

The Latin grammar lesson is CLASSIC!

"Romans Go Home...now write that 100 times!"

"Splitter!"

"I want to be called Loretta!"

 
At 10/16/07, 9:44 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Call me Loretta!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics