A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, September 24, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 84: Because someone sued God last week edition

I was thinking about how real education involves change, and change is sometimes frightening and painful. So of course this flick came to mind. I am sure those of you who are teachers have some of these quotes go through your heads at the oddest times. So let's see what quotes you can come up with for this one. I often think of the fourth quote when I am on hall duty. Like puberty itself isn't an emotional stress. Duh.

Remember, provide your own quotes from this same movie in the comments section. Since I did a chick flick (hate that term) last week, I'll toss a stick for you adrenaline junkies out there today.


"Now I think the American people deserve the right to decide if they want their children to be in school with mutants. To be taught by mutants!"

"Are you a God-fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of God as a teacher; a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding."

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now seeing the beginnings of another stage of human evolution. These mutations manifest at puberty, and are often triggered by periods of heightened emotional stress."

"Mankind has always feared what it doesn't understand. Well, don't fear God, Senator, and certainly don't fear me. Not any more."

"You know, people like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child."

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9/24/07, 7:32 AM, Blogger Dr. Bad Ass said...

Sci-Fi! Love it!
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head. It's the same with you."

 
At 9/25/07, 4:54 AM, Blogger Vipin said...

I have a blog which is completely full of entertainment like movies, music, ringtones etc.

 
At 9/25/07, 6:44 AM, Blogger Sam said...

You and I have scarily similar taste in movies!

"What do they call you? 'Wheels?' This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

(and one of my personal favorites:)

"Hey! It's me."
"Prove it!"
"You're a dick."
"Okay."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics