A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, September 17, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 83: Cher's inspiration edition

Ahh, September. I remember all those days sitting in English class reading the classics. Just how it was that the classics often involved something dreadful, like Sir Walter Scott or James Joyce or John Dos Passos still boggles the mind. James Fenimore Cooper, forsooth!

So how lovely that we have alternatives, here at Movie Madness Monday, and I've decided to link to last week's film rather obliquely. So have at it!

Let's see if you can put up some quotes from this fil-- or the book.


"It left us speechless, quite speechless I tell you, and we have not stopped talking of it since."

"There is only one thing to do with a person as impossible as she."
"What?"
"I must throw a party for her. Otherwise everyone will feel at once how much I dislike her."

"Maybe it is our imperfections which make us so perfect for one another."

"I can think of nothing less appealing than an evening of watching other people dance. Go on!
(throws stick for dog to fetch)
"Then you shall have to dance yourself."
"I have no taste for it. I'd rather fetch that stick."
"I'll try to remember to bring it to the ball."

"Vanity working on a weak mind produces every kind of mischief. "

****Weekend Update: Has Gwyneth ever been more lovely than in this film?

EMMA


It's amazing-- she's in one of my favorite films, and she's in one of my most hated films-- SEVEN. And in this one she gets the guy and doesn't end up with her head in a box. Yeeesh.

Thanks for playing!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9/17/07, 7:55 AM, Blogger leesepea said...

I only know this because I know what book last week's movie was "based" on.

I'll be brief this week. I'm still sad I dropped the ball and missed out on last week's, especially since I've it so many times.

"You didn't ask me to contribute a riddle."
"Your entire personality is a riddle; I thought you overqualified."

"It left us speechless, quite speechless I tell you, and we have not stopped talking of it since."

 
At 9/17/07, 8:05 AM, Blogger Dr. Bad Ass said...

"What a happy porker he must have been!"

"I would never call myself a gourmet, but my friends say I can certainly make a sandwich."

Another of my favorites!

 
At 11/17/17, 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post, so romantic! https://eliteessaywriters.com/review/123helpme-com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics