A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, September 18, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 31: Lobsters behind the fridge edition

It's time for Movie Madness Monday! Step right up and see if your taste in cinema is as arcane and bizarre as mine!

Here is the basic outline: each Monday I will pick a movie and sprinkle in a few of my favorite quotes. You then stop your damn lurking and contribute a quote of your own, from the same movie, if possible. I will not tell you the name of the movie until Wednesday.
Ready? Okay!


"There's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out. This thing's heavy. Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side."

"I can't get with any religion that advertises in Popular Mechanics."

"Hey, Harvard makes mistakes too! Kissinger taught there!"

"It's so clean out here."
"That's because they don't throw their garbage away, they turn it into television shows."

"So you wanna go into the movie or what?"
"No, I can't go into a movie that's already started, because I'm anal."
"That's a polite word for what you are."

"Six year old boys don't have girls on their minds."
"I did."
"For God's sake, Alvy, even Freud speaks of a latency period."
"Well, I never had a latency period. I can't help it."

***Thursday Update: Our film is just dripping with highbrow comedic cred: it's

ANNIE HALL! You may remember this one: it was back when Woody Allen was funny. Thanks to this film, I am still enamored of hats, trousers, and neckties. Although I gotta say that the outfit above is a bit much for me.

Ahh, yes. Now that's more like it! Thanks for playing!

7 Comments:

At 9/18/06, 9:29 AM, Blogger CGHill said...

"I heard what you were saying. You, you know nothing of my work. How you ever got to teach a course in anything is totally amazing."

 
At 9/18/06, 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't want to live in a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light."

"Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college."

 
At 9/18/06, 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hey! Don't knock masturbation - it's sex with someone I love."

(Someone had to say it.)

 
At 9/18/06, 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I need to watch some more movies.

No idea.

 
At 9/18/06, 9:12 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

Wow....not a clue what this movie is.

 
At 9/19/06, 5:12 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Hello? I forgot my mantra!"

 
At 9/19/06, 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That spider's the size of a Buick!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics