A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Macho, macho man Carnival!

Scott over at Get On the Bus has put together a disco-dancin', constume wearin', Village People Carnival of Education. Suddenly, satin jackets, roller skates, John Travolta's white suit, fingers pointing skyward, high heel sneakers, the Bay City Rollers, Le Chic, Anita Ward Ringin' my Bell, and especially Gloria Gaynor all come flooding back to me in a mad rush.



And thanks, Scott, for giving me the excuse to link to THIS, which made me laugh when I was lower than low. This is probably my favorite piece of animation ever. EVER. And that's saying something for the girl who can sing all of "What's Opera, Doc?"

So now that I've given you an earworm, go read the Carnival. You'll be pointing your finger to the sky and doing the white man's overbite, too.

2 Comments:

At 9/8/06, 7:03 PM, Blogger ms-teacher said...

I showed this to my youngest last night. He thought it was the funniest thing ever and insisted I play it again for him.

I've seen it before, but everytime I see it, it makes me laugh all over again.

 
At 9/15/06, 10:16 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

I tend to agree that this pieces is the funniest animation ever. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it, and each and every time it makes me laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics