A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Best compliment this week


One of my AP kids said to me: "Wow, you know what? I learned something! I learned how to pace myself doing this assignment, and it wasn't so bad if I did a bit of it each night! Thanks, Ms. Cornelius!" And he wasn't being facetious. He may never remember why the colonists took such umbrage at the Quebec Act, but he's learned to pace himself.

Can I retire for the rest of the year? No? Rats.

(Second place goes to the girl who stopped me on cafeteria duty and speculated that I got this duty because of my, and I quote, "mad martial arts skillz (pronounced, for those of you not in the know, as 'SKEEEEEYILS')."

Dude. I'm touched.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/06, 3:01 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

Congratulations. That is a nice compliment. Life skills; it's a beautiful thing.

 
At 9/20/06, 8:26 AM, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

I think it's very wise to celebrate the successes. Well done!

Kelly
Pass the Torch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics