A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blog It Forward-- kudos to Mamacita


Mamacita at Sheiss Weekly has suggested picking someone from your blogroll and encouraging people to go visit them.
So I am going to pick the Ramblin' Educat, whose dad has been very ill lately. Thus far, the father crises are really noticeable round these parts, since Mamacita picked a very nice lady whose father passed away today.

Educat is funny and smart and lives in the Very Best State in the Union-- exceptin fer teacher salaries, where it ranks slightly lower 'n a snake's belly in a wagon rut.

So go see educat! And Blog It Forward. Leave a comment here and I'll visit yours!

6 Comments:

At 5/23/06, 8:19 PM, Blogger educat said...

Thanks, it means more than you know that you'd think of me.

You know you live in the Edudad's fatherland, dontcha? He's a Southern MO boy and the other night we watched the most unexciting Cardinal's game ever in a vain attempt to raise his blood pressure.

I think we are kin under the skin.

 
At 5/23/06, 8:48 PM, Blogger EHT said...

What a great idea! I want that little dooflitchy thing (blog it forward) on my site as soon as I get a minute to figure how where to put it.

 
At 5/24/06, 12:06 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll--it's nice to be noticed! :-)

 
At 5/24/06, 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz here from I Speak of Dreams. I nominated Golden Lucy.

 
At 5/24/06, 9:29 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Educat, darlin'-- he shoulda watched on Mother's Day: No homers for Pujols but 6 or 7 total errors. It was ugly. You know we're all thinking about the Edudad and you.

As to southern MO: at least he escaped. I am seemingly stuck here until a Vogon construction fleet comes to destroy the planet to make way for an intergalactic offramp...

And I will claim that kinship, sister. I need a good one. The one I got is a real rotten witch.

Eht: I stole it from Mamacita-- and I just dragged it onto the desktop-- it worked after a coupla tries....

rain: No no-- the honor is mine, really....

Liz, I will be heading over there shortly.

 
At 5/24/06, 10:52 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I stole it from Buzz. I think it's a great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics