A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, May 19, 2006

Confessing a bad thing, or does Barry Bonds have a target on his steroid-swelled back?

Russ Springer, I'd like your autograph. You are a man of action. You had a goal, and you accomplished it.

Phil Garner, bravo, but y'all DO know that the 'roids can cause violent impulses, right? So you're lucky you didn't get a bat cracked over your head.

I know it's not nice for me to feel this way. I've had stern talks with myself, and yet--

I still feel this way. I mean, yes, Russ, you could've accomplished the same thing with rolling the ball to the catcher four times, and I really don't want you to aim at the Juicer's head or anything, but still, a small smile crossed my face when that first pitch went behind his back.

I wish every pitcher would make sure Mr. Cheaterpants gets nothing to swing his drug-addled bat at. I mean, really, Babe Ruth did it the old-fashioned way-- bat speed and a heft brought about by a love of food and beer.

4 Comments:

At 5/19/06, 6:23 PM, Blogger Coach Brown said...

Please.
Regardless of how one feels about Bonds, Springer is a lightweight idiot.
He might want to actually hit Bonds on the first pitch next time.

 
At 5/19/06, 7:29 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

Shameful as it might be I'm with ya Ms. C

 
At 5/19/06, 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the women, Ms. C. The Babe loved him some ladies.

As far as Bonds goes, I'd LOVE to see rolling pitches each and every time he's up to bat just to watch the guy's face twitch.

 
At 5/19/06, 9:58 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

But, Coach, he got the job done eventually!

I mean, Springer's got a lifetime ERA of 5.07 and is 25-39. Whaddya expect? Miracles?

Maybe the question should have been: "SHOULD Bonds have a target on his steroid-swelled back?"

And yeah, the Babe philandered his way across the country. As far as I can see, this is still a sporting tradition....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics