A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 12, 2010

Movie Madness Monday 150:

Welcome to MMM 150, where we try to make you think where you've heard that line before, and then expect you to come up with more quotes in the comments section from the same film. This week, this is in honor of more mayhem at the workplace. Enjoy!

"First off, let me just add another congratulations to Evan Backstabber - pardon me, Bastard. Baxter, rather. It is good to see what someone with real talent can do when great opportunities are given to them instead of me."

"So God is picking on you?"
"No, he's ignoring me completely!"

"So tell us mama, why make Buffalo's biggest cookie?"
"So all the children in the neighborhood will be happy?"
"And isn't it nice to see all their smiling faces?"
"I work in back. I see no smiles."

"I did the same thing to Gandhi, he didn't eat for three weeks."

"A single mom who's working two jobs, and still finds time to take her son to soccer practice, that's a miracle. A teenager who says "no" to drugs and "yes" to an education, that's a miracle. People want me to do everything for them. What they don't realize is THEY have the power. You want to see a miracle, son? BE the miracle."

"I guess that's how life is, isn't it? Some people are drenched, freezing to death, on a stupid boat, with a stupid hat, while others are in a comfy news studio, suckin' up all the glory. Oh, well. No big deal."

"I've got a very rare blood type. I'm AB positive."
"Well, I'm IB positive. I be positive they ain't touching me with no needle."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4/12/10, 8:21 PM, Blogger Ms Characterized said...

Can't quote it, but I do recognize it. Morgan Freeman is the voice in my head when I read the Bible!

 
At 4/12/10, 9:32 PM, Blogger jmeiklejohn said...

Lord, feed the hungry, and bring peace to all of mankind. How's that?

Great... If you wanna be Miss America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics