A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 08, 2010

Movie Madness Monday 146: We'll Always Have Paris edition

Welcome back to MMM, the movie quote trivia game. I'm going through a classic movie phase, and I'm reading classic novels I've told myself I haven't had time to read.

This movie is an absolute MUST. LOVE IT! Put your quotes in the comments section!

"You give him credit for too much cleverness. My impression was that he's just another blundering American."
"You mustn't underestimate American blundering. I was with them when they "blundered" into Berlin in 1918."

"I don't mind a parasite. I object to a cut-rate one."

"What is your nationality?"
"I'm a drunkard."
"That makes Rick a citizen of the world."

"You might as well question why we breathe. If we stop breathing, we'll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die."
"Well, what of it? It'll be out of its misery."

"Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects."

"In 1935, you ran guns to Ethiopia. In 1936, you fought in Spain, on the Loyalist side."
"And got well paid for it on both occasions."
"The winning side would have paid you MUCH better!"

"There are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade."

*****Weekend Update: Here's looking at you, kid, because this week's movie was

CASABLANCA!


Bogie. Bergman. Magic!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3/8/10, 5:40 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I haven't a clue what this movie is, but from the sounds of the quotes you've posted here, it seems like something I'd really enjoy!

 
At 3/8/10, 5:19 PM, Blogger Ricochet said...

Round up the usual suspects!

 
At 3/8/10, 10:28 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Carl, see that Major Strasser gets a good table, one close to the ladies."

"I have already given him the best, knowing he is German and would take it anyway."

 
At 3/9/10, 12:24 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics