A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 05, 2010

Movie Madness Monday 149: Leap of Faith edition

On this glorious Easter Monday, let us celebrate a film about love and family and faith, as well as always searching for knowledge, especially vital to us as teachers. Put your quotes in the comment section!

"My son, we're pilgrims in an unholy land."

"I was a wonderful father."
"Yeah, how?"
"Did I ever tell you to eat up, go to bed, wash your ears, do your homework? No, I respected your privacy and I taught you self-reliance."
"What you taught me is that I was less important to you than people that have been dead for several hundred years and in other countries, and I learned it so well, that we've hardly spoken for 20 years."

"'X' never, EVER marks the spot."

"Is there anyone here who speaks English? Or maybe even ancient Greek?"

"He chose... poorly."

"The Name of God..."
"The Name of God... Jehovah."
"But in the Latin alphabet, 'Jehovah' begins with an 'I'."

"Oh, rats."


Go, and seek it out!

****Weekend Update: Go on a sacred quest with

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE!

Sometimes things are just better left alone....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4/6/10, 6:13 AM, Blogger Ricochet said...

I love this movie!
"You left just when you were becoming interesting."

 
At 4/6/10, 9:16 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

LOVED the movie!

Sallah, I said *no* camels. That's *five* camels. Can't you count?

I was just remembering the last time we had a quiet drink together. I had a milkshake.

 
At 4/6/10, 2:31 PM, Blogger Mrs. R said...

Love it! :)

Professor Henry Jones: I didn't know you could fly a plane.
Indiana Jones: Fly, yes. Land, no.

 
At 4/7/10, 12:55 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hooray! Finally one that I know again!

"Nazis! I hate these guys."

"You chose wisely."

 
At 4/7/10, 11:44 AM, Blogger teachergirl said...

We named the dog Indiana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics