A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 22, 2010

Movie Madness Monday 147: Sarah Palin accent edition

As we shiver away our spring break, here's a great Coen Brothers film to take our mind off of things. Put your quotes in the comment section!

"So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Dontcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it."

"Awww, hon, ya got Arby's all over me."

"It's just a three-cent stamp."
"It's terrific."
"Hautman's blue-winged teal got the 29-cent. People don't much use the three-cent."
"Oh, for Pete's sake. Of course they do. Whenever they raise the postage, people need the little stamps."

"So, uh, you married old Norm son-of-a-Gunderson?"

"You betcha."

"The heckya mean?"

AAAND Go!

**** Weekend Update: How can there be so many layers to one movie as there is in

FARGO!

Frances McDormand displayed such genius in her portrayal of Marge Gunderson, and the Coens delivered a morality play of incredible subtlety.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3/22/10, 9:40 PM, Blogger Miss Eyre said...

"Well, the little guy was kinda funny-lookin."

"In what way?"

"I dunno... just funny-lookin'."

"Can you be any more specific?"

"I couldn't really say... He wasn't circumcised."

One of my favorite movies EVER.

 
At 3/23/10, 9:18 AM, Blogger Amerloc said...

"Go Bears."

 
At 3/23/10, 1:48 PM, Anonymous bev said...

"Oh, I just think I'm gonna barf!"

I (heart) all things Coen.

 
At 3/23/10, 6:02 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me, I'm just doin' my job here.

 
At 3/23/10, 7:21 PM, Anonymous Exurban Mom said...

"He's fleein' the interview! He's fleein' the interview!"

Love, love, love that movie.

Gene Siskel (rest his soul) pointed out that this is the only movie he could think of with a pregnant character who didn't have her baby before the end of the film. i.e.: pregnancy wasn't a central theme, it was just a fact of life for the character.

Love it.

 
At 3/24/10, 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

 
At 3/24/10, 11:11 PM, Blogger EdWonk said...

The thought that Sarah Palin came close to being only one heartbeat away from the presidency is truly frightening to me.

Now that she now works for ClusterFox and is rolling in media-generated cash, I wonder if she'll induldge in a little self-hatred of the mainstream media of which she is now a part?

 
At 3/25/10, 10:15 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

My friend, you are SO NOT the only one! She's perfect for Fox, though, and she's finally putting that seven years to college to work for herself!

But thanks to her, I now watch this movie with a whole new fascination. Difference is, Marge made it sound good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics