A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, September 29, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 128: Hole In the Wall edition

C'mon. You knew it was coming.

Quotes in the comments section, while we honor someone who made a difference, and not just by entertaining us.

And if you haven't seen one of this man's movies in a while, you have a task for the next weekend.


"You know, when I was a kid, I always thought I'd grow up to be a hero."
"Well, it's too late now."
"What'd you say that for? You didn't have to say something like that!"

"Do you know what you're doing?"
"Theoretically."

"Kid, the next time I say, 'Let's go someplace like Bolivia,' let's GO someplace like Bolivia!"

"No, Baltimore works out of Oklahoma. He's strictly an Oklahoma man. I don't know where we are, but it sure as Hell isn't Oklahoma. No, it couldn't be him. Couldn't be him. "

"I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew your socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind."

Weekend Update: yes, Raindrops keep falling on my head because of

BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID.

Funny! And have there eer been two more gorgeous co-stars?

Thanks, Paul. God bless.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9/29/08, 10:45 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

I CAN'T SWIM ! OH S H *********** (splash)

RIP Paul.

 
At 9/29/08, 11:19 PM, Blogger Friar said...

"Listen, I don't mean to be a sore loser, but when it's done, if I'm dead, kill him."

"Love to."

 
At 9/30/08, 5:31 AM, Blogger cupcake said...

"You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good at."


Le sigh.

 
At 9/30/08, 5:56 PM, Blogger Fred said...

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics