A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, November 26, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 91: Clothing from drapes edition

It's a turkey hangover edition of Movie Madness Monday, and I am here to prepare you for this one-- you know it's coming this time of year. I just can't keep from singing! I saw Enchanted this weekend, and making clothes from drapes made me think of this classic.

So you know the drill. Give me some quotes from the movie about which I am hinting, without naming the movie!


"The ostrich buries his head in the sand... and sometimes in the flag."

"You flatter me, Captain."
"Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you."

"Have you tried the barn? You know how much she adores the animals."

"I'd like to thank you all for the precious gift you left in my pocket today."
"What gift?"
"It's a secret between the children and me."
"Then I suggest you keep it, and let us eat."
"Knowing how nervous I must have been, a stranger in a new household... knowing how important it was for me to feel accepted... it was so kind and thoughtful of you to make my first moments here so warm and happy... and pleasant."

"Underneath her wimple, she has curlers in her hair."

"Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun."

***Weekend Update: The hills are alive.... with

THE SOUND OF MUSIC!

After Oklahoma, this is my favorite. If I never see Carousel again, it'll be too darn soon, but this!

Julie Andrews. Julie Andrews. Julie Andrews.

That's it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11/26/07, 11:09 AM, Blogger bev said...

AH! My daughter's stay-at-home-sick movie!

"There's nothing more irresistible to a man than a woman who's in love with him."

 
At 11/26/07, 6:30 PM, Blogger Butterfly Angel said...

OMG!!! I saw this movie when it first premiered ~ talk about dating myself. I can't watch this movie when my 2 adult children are around. They can sing the ENTIRE movie!!

"Where you this much trouble at the abbey?"

"It's quite, hmm, pink!"

"Climb every mountain, fjord every stream."

 
At 11/26/07, 9:27 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

"It got caught!"
"In what?"
"In Friedrich's teeth!"

I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne, yes?
No.

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow, bloom and grow forever.....

 
At 11/28/07, 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

These are a few of my favorite things, when the dog bites, when a bee stings, when you're feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, then I don't feel so bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics