A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, November 19, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 90: Musical homeland edition

And here is another Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. This week in honor of the beginning of the second century for mah beloved homestate, we will, of course, celebrate all that was Green Grow the Lilacs.... set to music.

So give me some quotes in the comments section!


"I don't know what to make of you! You're too purty to be a skunk! Too thin to be a snake! To little to be a man, and too big to be a mouse! I reckon you're a rat!"

"He said I's like a Persian kitten coz they's the cats with the soft, round behinds!"
"In this country, that had better be a proposal of marriage!"

"Territory folks should stick together; territory folks should all be pals."

"You never know how many people like you till you're dead."

"Everythin's up to date in Kansas City. They've gone about as fur as they can go."

"Many a light lad may kiss and fly,
A kiss gone by is bygone.
Never've I asked an August sky, 'Where has last July gone?'
Never've I wandered through the rye, wondering where has some guy gone;
Many a new day will dawn before I do!"

"The daisies in the dell will give out a different smell
Because poor Jud is underneath the ground."

****Weekend Update:
Yeah, I'm from

OKLAHOMA!


You wanna make something of it?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11/19/07, 1:10 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

"Now that I got that fifty dollars, you name the date."
"August 15th."
"Why August 15th?"
"Because that was the first day I'se kissed!"
"Oh was it? I didn't remember that!"
"You wasn't there."

 
At 11/19/07, 6:28 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Don't throw bouquets at me. . . .

(first live musical I ever saw)

 
At 11/19/07, 6:38 AM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

They've got a big thee-ater, called a bury-cue (girls? yeah! wow!)
For fifty cents you can see a dandy show!

I'm just a girl who cain't say no,
I'm in a turrible fix!
I always say c'mon let's go, just when I oughta say nix.
When a person tries to kiss a girl, I know she oughta give his face a smack!
But, when a person kisses me, I somehow sorta wanna kiss him back!

 
At 11/19/07, 11:42 AM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

I'm getting images of a surrey with a fringe on top. I wonder if the fringe was purchased separately, or if it was part of some fancy package with JBL speaker, GPS and a built-in tire-pressure gauge.

 
At 11/25/07, 8:41 AM, Blogger Oyun indir said...

Don't throw bouquets at me. . . . : ))


Firmalar
Firma

 
At 11/25/07, 12:55 PM, Blogger graycie said...

Ooooooooooooooo-(you know the rest)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics