A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 25, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 71: Love Stinks edition

Here we are again for Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game! You know how to play: put your quotes from the movie I've sampled into the comments section without outing the movie.

This one softened my heart towards its lead actor, who I usually thought of as a twerp.



"I don't think anybody could puke more than that kid. I think I saw a boot come out of him."

"You know, you should write a song about this. You could call it 'I got punched in the nose for sticking my face in other people's business.'"
"Sounds like a country song!"

"Hey, psycho - we're not gonna discuss this, OK? It's over! Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up!"

"Sir, one more outburst from you and I will strangle you with my microphone wire!"

"We're living in a material world and I am a material girl... or boy."

Annnnnnd GO!

***** Weekend Update: Ahh, the 80s! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times to be

THE WEDDING SINGER!


There are two schools of thought on Adam Sandler: there's this film, 50 First Dates, Happy Gilmore, Spanglish-- yes! Adorable! Charming! Funny!

Then there's Big Daddy, The Hot Chick, Deuce Bigelow, Littel Nicky, Billy Madison, and Click-- Good Gawd, NO!

The jury's out on The Waterboy, depending upon my mood.

But Drew Barrymore? She's almost always great.

Thanks for playing!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6/25/07, 2:09 PM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Tbey were CONES!!!

 
At 6/25/07, 3:47 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I love this silly, silly movie...

"See? Billy Idol gets it."

"You're gonna pay me back, right?"
"No, but if you don't give it to me,I'm going to tell everyone what you said at the bar."

 
At 6/25/07, 5:14 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

You think the "Time To Make The Doughnuts" guy is sexy.

Now let's cut the stupid cake because I know the fat guy's gonna have a heart attack if we don't eat again soon.

Church tongue, I like that.

 
At 6/25/07, 6:06 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Hey, Buddy, I'm not paying you to share your thoughts on life. I'm paying you to sing.

Well, I have a microphone, and you don't, SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY DAMNED WORD I HAVE TO SAY!

 
At 6/25/07, 8:44 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"Some of us will never ever find true love. Take, for instance...me. And I'm pretty sure that guy right there. And that lady with the sideburns. And basically everybody at table nine."

I fell in love with the lead actor after I saw this movie. Then I saw him in "Little Nicky" and came to my senses.

This one is still a top favorite, though.

 
At 6/26/07, 12:48 AM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

SOMEBODY PUT SOME PANTS ON THAT KID!!!

 
At 6/30/07, 12:05 AM, Blogger leesepea said...

"Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!!!"

"How come he's so nice to you?"
"I let him look at my boobs at the Christmas party last year."

"Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up."

"All right, shithead. I haven't been in a fight since I was in the fifth grade, but I beat the shit out of that kid, so now I'm going to beat the shit out of you."

One of my faves.

The day after we got the HD television set, it came on one of the HD movie channels, so I switched to it immediately. My husband came downstairs and said, "Oh my god, are you watching that again???" and I laughed and said, "Yeah, but it's the first time in HD!"

For once, he shut up and sat down to watch it with me.

Gotta love it!

:)

 
At 6/30/07, 8:34 AM, Blogger On the Edge said...

Tag! You're it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics