A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 19, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 57: Heartbeat edition

It's cold. I'm cold. I have a cold. So let's distract ourselves with a little Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game!

Here's the lay of the land: I give you quotes from a movie, and you respond in the comments section with a quote or two of your own from the same movie without naming the movie.

Okay? Let's go where my friend Julie is right now! Darn her.


"You know you can't read."
"It's the Bible! You get credit for trying."

"No doubt you've discovered that loyalty is no longer the currency of the realm, as your father believes."
"Then what is?"
"I'm afraid currency is the currency of the realm."

"We are very much alike, you and I, I and you... us."
"Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center. And personal hygiene."
"Trifles."

"What vexes all men?"
"What, indeed?"
"Well, the sea!"
"Sums!"
"The dichotomy of good and evil."
"A woman."

"Na-na-na-na-no-no no! 'Krah-ken''s how it's pronounced in the original Scandinavian, and 'Krakken''s closer to that.
"Well we ain't original Scandinavians, are we? Kray-kin."
"It's a mythological creature, I can calls it what I wants!"

Off ya go, now, poppet!

****Weekend Update: Avast there, matey! So good it shouldn't be considered a sequel, it's

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2: DEAD MAN'S CHEST!


Look how pretty they all are! And check out Bil Nighy as Davy Jones! Can't wait for number 3 to come out this summer!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 3/19/07, 11:10 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I feel sullied and unusual.

 
At 3/19/07, 1:46 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Wow, I have no idea, but based on these quotes I have to see this movie!

Waiting patiently to find out what it is...

 
At 3/19/07, 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those moments! I like to wave at them as they pass by.

(Long time reader, first time poster.)

 
At 3/19/07, 6:21 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

"We are very much alike, you and I, I and you... us."
"Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center. And personal hygiene."
[Sniffs armpit and looks back] "Trifles."


"Dirt. This is a jar of dirt."
"Yes."
"Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
"If ya don't want it, give it back."
[Turns away, hugging jar to his chest] "No!"
"Then it helps."

P.S. Got it on the first quote you left. Quoted it once, myself.

In a drunken stupor, course.

*Wink*

 
At 3/19/07, 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I got the best one:

"Why is the rum always gone?

[Stumbles]

Oh. That's why."

 
At 3/19/07, 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have every faith in your reconciliatory navigational skills, Master Gibbs.

 
At 3/19/07, 7:29 PM, Blogger Ms. George said...

"Do you think I wear this wig to keep my head warm?"

"Mark my words."
"Consider them marked."

 
At 3/19/07, 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fine! Let's just haul out our swords and start banging away at each other! That will solve everything!!!"

Best scene? When she chains the captain to his ship..."Pirate."

I'm pumped for the final chapter.

 
At 3/19/07, 9:14 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up to the sky with hope!"

Y'all are doing SO well! It warms the cockles of my heart.

There's still plenty more to go around. And ruth, you absolutely have to see this movie!

 
At 3/20/07, 7:20 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

"Did we kill it?"
"No... we just made it angry."

I confess, I had to search for the lyrics you left on my site.

1. The Night Chicago Died - Paper Lace(never heard of 'em)

2. Twisted - Joni Mitchell (I only know "A Case of You" and "Big Yellow Taxi")

I'll even confess s'more: I search for lyrics to LOTS of the songs I use for post titles. But I do have an awful lot of lyrics floating in my head. Like today? For no reason? Couldn't get "La Bamba" out of my head.

And I probably haven't heard it in years.

*Shrug*

 
At 3/20/07, 7:54 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

That's okay, but you really need to listen to more Joni Mitchell!

And I loved the Jamiroquai quote.

 
At 3/20/07, 8:07 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

I am soooo bad at this! I did see the movie(s)- one of them at the drive in.
When I search for a quote, though, I come up completely dry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics