A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 22, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 49: What is this, Miami Beach? edition

Well, here we are.... again. Time for another Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. This week's film just seems so darned-- appropriate! I can't resist.

So here's how we play: I give you some quotes from a movie, and you provide a quote of your own from the same movie. If your favorite quote is already taken, dig into the ol' memory banks and come up with another! We do not revela the name of the movie in our quotes, though, so everyone can play. I will later edit and put in a picture or two from the movie.

So here we are:

"For your information, Hairdo, there is a major network interested in me."

"Did you sleep okay without me? You tossed and turned, didn't you?"
"You're incredible."
"Who told you?"

"Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me, 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you!"

"It's nice! People like it."
"You're new, aren't you? People like blood sausage too. People are morons."

"Am I right or am I right or am I right? Right?"

"What would you do if you were stuck in one place... and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?"
"That sums it up for me."

"'The wretch, concentered all in self;
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down,
To the vile dust, from whence he sprung
Unwept, unhonor'd, and unsung.'"
Sir Walter Scott."

And GO!

****Thursday Update: "It's like I said-- I love this film. And I told you to call me 'Bronco.'"


Yes, GROUNDHOG DAY!


This is a very deep, philosophical meditation on what it takes to be a better person, and why we should all aim for that goal.

Answer: So that, if you're a smart-alecky guy, you can get Andie McDowell.

You've got plenty of time to experience this one over and over again before February. Get going! And remember:

Don't drive angry!

14 Comments:

At 1/22/07, 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm a god. I'm not THE God, I don't think..."

"Don't drive angry! Do NOT drive angry!"

I could watch this movie over and over again...

 
At 1/22/07, 8:38 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"I like to see a man of advancing years throwing caution to the wind. It's inspiring in a way."

 
At 1/22/07, 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I've actually seen this movie, I recognize the lines, and I can't figure out what the hell it is. However, I suspect it's a film I liked because of the line about blood sausage.

I wonder if I saw it on cable.

 
At 1/22/07, 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My all time favorite - GHD. It's the perfect blend of humor, character development, and philosophy. I didn't even realize it was profound the first time I watched it.

 
At 1/22/07, 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is tied at the numer 1 spot as my "Favorite Movie of All Time."

Clerk:: Will you be checking out today Mr. Conners?

Phil: Chance of departure today, 100%.

-------------

Phil There is no way this winter is ever going to end as long as that groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any way out of it. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him.

 
At 1/22/07, 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Watch out for that first step... It's a DOOOOOOZY!"

"You have NEVER thanked me, you little brat!!"

 
At 1/22/07, 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day.

 
At 1/22/07, 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ultimate fave line:

"Can I have another one of these with some booze in it?"

-----------------------------------

Phil: You wanna throw up here, or in the car?
Ralph: Both, I think.

-----------------------------------

Phil: Can I be serious with you for a moment?
Rita I don't know; can you?

 
At 1/23/07, 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phil? Phil!!!!
I have met Stephen Toboloskey several times and unfortunately, always think if him in my mind as Ned Ryerson.

I love this movie.

 
At 1/23/07, 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I always drink to world peace."

Let's chant with me ... more weeks of winter ... more weeks of winter ... more weeks of winter. ;-)

 
At 1/23/07, 9:14 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather."

"Don't you have a line you keep open for emergencies or for celebrities? I'm both. I'm a celebrity in an emergency."

 
At 1/23/07, 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No problem ladies, I already had the jack and the tire"

 
At 1/24/07, 4:53 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"It's the same thing your whole life: Clean up your room. Stand up straight. Pick up your feet. Take it like a man. Be nice to your sister. Don't mix beer and wine, ever. Don't drive on the railroad tracks. "

"Phil, that's one I happen to agree with."

 
At 5/27/11, 6:42 AM, Blogger magi said...

It's a really nice information, I think that it's a realted blogs. it's a nice format of picture..


Cooking Equipment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics