A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 15, 2007

Okay, now THAT'S better.

Now this proves that five questions is not enough to make these kind of emotion crushing decisions.

At first the Bloglines quiz "Which modern US president are you most like?" told me this bunch of #@%:
You Are Most Like George W. Bush

So what if you're not exactly popular? You still rule the free world.
And while you may be quite conservative now, you knew how to party back in the day!


All I can say is, don't say you like Mexican food, since none of the other things I chose would seem to make me like this former oilman except that I grew up in the Oil Capitol of the World and I speak with a drawl sometimes and, unlike his daddy, I really DO like pork rinds (it's my secret shame)....

Oh, hell. I'm depressing myself. But at least I can spell "antithetical." AND I know what that means. I can also pronounce "nuclear" correctly.

But then it told me this:
You Are Most Like Bill Clinton

No doubt, your legacy may be a little seedier than you'd like.
But even though you've done some questionable things, you're still loved by almost all.

Okay, now. Except for the morally-challenged about one's personal life which should have freakin' stayed private part, I'm there.

Thanks so much for ruining my day, CaliforniaTeacher Guy. And while you're at it, go over to History Is Elementary and wish her a happy blogiversary!

Jeez. I'm gonna go read now.

6 Comments:

At 1/15/07, 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got so frustrated with the survey telling me first I was W then I was 'Tricky Dick.' So I started taking some of the more lighthearted ones to ease my mood. Apparently my hippie dude name is 'Cedar.'

 
At 1/15/07, 10:07 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oooh, hippie dude names! That could be fun!

My real preppy nickname was "Muffy." Bloodies on the polo fiield, darling! And anyone who doesn't remember the Preppy Handbook didn't live in the 80s.

 
At 1/15/07, 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmn... I, uh, actually bought the Preppy Handbook. My mother called me Buffy (I am serious).
This was way before the goth/punk stage, vestiges of which still show up from time to time. I'll still take the Buffy, as long as it goes with 'Vampire Slayer'.

 
At 1/15/07, 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, was Tricky Dick, as was H is E. I am not sure how I feel about that.

 
At 1/15/07, 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It says I'm most like JFK, but I think that's because I said I like clam chowder.

 
At 1/16/07, 7:27 AM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Just goes to show you should stay away from my blog when you're already having a bad day. (You were already having a bad day, weren't you?)

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics