A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 15, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 48: Always Faithful edition

Welcome back to a holiday edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game! I hope you are all enjoying the day off, and not dealing with powersurges and periodic blackouts thanks to our local power monopoly, which I like to call ConnEd (I think it's run by a subsidiary of KBR). Actually, I guess we could say that we are experiencing a lot of power successes that haven't happened yet.

But quick! Before I lose power again, here's this week's entry. Here's what you do: I provide some quotes from a movie, and you provide a quote of your own from the same movie. I will name the movie for those who are stymied later in the week, God willing. Okay?

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?"

"It was oregano, Dave-- it was a dime bag of oregano."
"Yeah, well, your client thought it was marijuana."
"My client's a moron. That's not against the law."
"I got people to answer to just like you do. I'm gonna charge him."
"With what, possession of a condiment? "

"Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say. "

"We're in the business of saving lives, Matthew. That is a responsibility we have to take pretty seriously. And I believe that taking a Marine who isn't quite up to the job and shipping him off to another assignment, puts lives in danger."

"I get sick when I fly because I'm afraid of crashing into a large mountain, so I don't think Dramamine'll help."
"I've got some oregano; I hear that works pretty good."


Stand to post, people!

****Thursday Update: They stand on a wall and say "No one's going to hurt you tonight," because they are

A FEW GOOD MEN.

And one good woman. In this movie, it's Jack Nicholson, and not Tom Cruise, who'se sceraming and acting like a lunatic. Ahhhh, those were the days!

9 Comments:

At 1/15/07, 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, YAY! Another one I can play! I love, love, LOVE this movie!!!

"Maybe, if we work at it, we can get Dawson charged with the Kennedy assasination."

"You STRENUOUSLY object?! Oh, well, if you STRENUOUSLY object, then I should take some time to reconsider."

"We were supposed to fight for the people who couldn't fight for themselves."

 
At 1/15/07, 11:37 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Is the colonel's underwear a matter of national security?

 
At 1/15/07, 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Did you order the Code Red?"
"I did the job I..."
"[shouting] Did you order the Code Red?"
"[shouts] You're goddamn right I did!"

 
At 1/15/07, 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe if we work at it, we can get Dawson charged with the Kennedy assassination."

"Since we seem to be out of witnesses, I thought I'd drink a little."
"I think we can still win this."
"Then maybe YOU should drink a little."

 
At 1/15/07, 1:53 PM, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Cmdr. Galloway, Lt. Kaffee is considered to be the best litigator in our office. He successfully plea bargained 44 cases in 9 months.

One more and I get a set of steak knives

 
At 1/15/07, 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can't handle the truth!" - great quote to use in the classroom too! :-)

 
At 1/15/07, 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm gonna rip the eyes out of your head and [VERB] in your dead skull! You [VERB]-ed with the wrong Marine!"

Old Jack's on TV right now if anyone's paying attention to the GG's....

 
At 1/17/07, 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Kaffee: No, no problem. I'm just not that crazy about boats, that's all.

Galloway: Jesus Christ, Kaffee, you're in the Navy for crying out loud."

 
At 1/17/07, 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait, one more:

"You got authorization from Aunt Ginny?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics