A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 15, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 48: Always Faithful edition

Welcome back to a holiday edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game! I hope you are all enjoying the day off, and not dealing with powersurges and periodic blackouts thanks to our local power monopoly, which I like to call ConnEd (I think it's run by a subsidiary of KBR). Actually, I guess we could say that we are experiencing a lot of power successes that haven't happened yet.

But quick! Before I lose power again, here's this week's entry. Here's what you do: I provide some quotes from a movie, and you provide a quote of your own from the same movie. I will name the movie for those who are stymied later in the week, God willing. Okay?

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?"

"It was oregano, Dave-- it was a dime bag of oregano."
"Yeah, well, your client thought it was marijuana."
"My client's a moron. That's not against the law."
"I got people to answer to just like you do. I'm gonna charge him."
"With what, possession of a condiment? "

"Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say. "

"We're in the business of saving lives, Matthew. That is a responsibility we have to take pretty seriously. And I believe that taking a Marine who isn't quite up to the job and shipping him off to another assignment, puts lives in danger."

"I get sick when I fly because I'm afraid of crashing into a large mountain, so I don't think Dramamine'll help."
"I've got some oregano; I hear that works pretty good."

Stand to post, people!

****Thursday Update: They stand on a wall and say "No one's going to hurt you tonight," because they are


And one good woman. In this movie, it's Jack Nicholson, and not Tom Cruise, who'se sceraming and acting like a lunatic. Ahhhh, those were the days!


At 1/15/07, 9:04 AM, Anonymous mrschili said...

Oh, YAY! Another one I can play! I love, love, LOVE this movie!!!

"Maybe, if we work at it, we can get Dawson charged with the Kennedy assasination."

"You STRENUOUSLY object?! Oh, well, if you STRENUOUSLY object, then I should take some time to reconsider."

"We were supposed to fight for the people who couldn't fight for themselves."

At 1/15/07, 11:37 AM, Blogger Mamacita said...

Is the colonel's underwear a matter of national security?

At 1/15/07, 12:39 PM, Anonymous Lady S said...

"Did you order the Code Red?"
"I did the job I..."
"[shouting] Did you order the Code Red?"
"[shouts] You're goddamn right I did!"

At 1/15/07, 1:10 PM, Anonymous MellowOut said...

"Maybe if we work at it, we can get Dawson charged with the Kennedy assassination."

"Since we seem to be out of witnesses, I thought I'd drink a little."
"I think we can still win this."
"Then maybe YOU should drink a little."

At 1/15/07, 1:53 PM, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Cmdr. Galloway, Lt. Kaffee is considered to be the best litigator in our office. He successfully plea bargained 44 cases in 9 months.

One more and I get a set of steak knives

At 1/15/07, 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can't handle the truth!" - great quote to use in the classroom too! :-)

At 1/15/07, 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm gonna rip the eyes out of your head and [VERB] in your dead skull! You [VERB]-ed with the wrong Marine!"

Old Jack's on TV right now if anyone's paying attention to the GG's....

At 1/17/07, 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Kaffee: No, no problem. I'm just not that crazy about boats, that's all.

Galloway: Jesus Christ, Kaffee, you're in the Navy for crying out loud."

At 1/17/07, 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait, one more:

"You got authorization from Aunt Ginny?"


Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics