A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, October 14, 2005

Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards!

So one of my most happy-go-lucky ones came to me today because she had a 79% in my regular class. She says she didn't have grades like this in her previous honors class, and thinks that because the class is a "regular" class, that means she shouldn't have to study struggle.

In the words of a previous student who came to visit me from college, "You were so mean-- making me think instead of trotting out the worksheets. It's SCARY out there without worksheets!"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10/15/05, 12:40 AM, Blogger Jim Connolly said...

Hee Hee Hee. I LOVE it when they say things like that. "You mean my brain is supposed to do something other than keep the top of my head from caving in? Oh, No!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics