A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, July 30, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 76: Abnormal edition

I have no internet connection, so I drove around half the night until I found some wifi in a parking lot-- just for you! I'm NOT kidding-- I know I've got reponsibilities to entertain, and I takes 'em seriously! So I've gotta type quickly before a flashlight shines in my eyes and I hear a voice say, "Outta the car, longhair!"

I don't know why I saved this one for so long, but I... can't... resist! Call it a sweet mystery of life.

You know the rules! Get to quoting, people!



"My grandfather's work was doo-doo!"

"You have to remember that a worm... with very few exceptions... is not a human being."

"What a filthy job!"
"Could be worse."
"How?"
"Could be raining." (immediately starts raining heavily)

"YES. YES. Say it. He... vas... my... BOYFRIEND!"

"Taffeta, darling!"
"Taffeta, sweetheart."

"My grandfather used to work for your grandfather. Of course, the rates have gone up."

"Wait! Where are you going???" I was going to make espresso!"

****Weekend Update: Let us all worship the genius of Mel Brooks in

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN!


Cloris Leachman. Gene Wilder. Marty Feldman. Madeline Kahn. Peter Boyle. Kenneth Mars.

This is, I belive, Mel Brooks' greatest film ever. Bar none.

By the way, try explaining certain terms and jokes used in this movie to your roommate from Indonesia. It was NOT pretty.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7/30/07, 2:56 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"My grandfather's work was doodoo!"

 
At 7/30/07, 7:18 AM, Blogger Shan said...

I heard the strangest music from the upstairs kitchen and I just... followed it down. Call it... a hunch. Ba-dum chi

 
At 7/30/07, 1:44 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

THIS is one of my MOST FAVORITES!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

"Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! Mommy!"

"This is a mother's angel"

"Puttin' on tha REEEETZ!"

"Damn your eyes!"
"too late..."

"Elevate me."
"Now? Right here?"

 
At 7/30/07, 10:28 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

Put. the candle. back.

 
At 7/31/07, 8:17 AM, Blogger Shan said...

Voof.

 
At 8/1/07, 9:13 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"It's times like this that I remember what my old dad used to say."
"What was that?"
"'What the hell are you doing in the bathroom all day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?'"

 
At 8/1/07, 9:18 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Vee had better confaarm de fect dat Yunk Frankenshtein iss indeed VOLLOWING EEN HEES GANDFAVVA'S VOOTSHTOPS!!"
"Whaaaat?'
"Faallowing in 'is Grandafadda's vootshtops! Voostshtops, vootshtops, vootshtops!!!!!" (stomps feet)
"Ohhhh- 'footsteps!'"

 
At 8/2/07, 4:18 PM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

No Internet? How utterly sad...

 
At 8/2/07, 5:51 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yes, I sat in a parking lot huddled over my laptop so long that I killed my car battery. So guess what I get to do now????

"Igor, will you help me with the bags?"
"Certainly-- I'll take the blonde; you take the one in the turban."

"Werewolf!"
"No--There wolf. There castle."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics