A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Four Things

Ahh, missprofe hath tagged me, and I must respond. I will have to vary this a bit, since one of the prompts does not apply to me.

Four Things Meme

Four Jobs I've Had:
Photographer
Classical Radio Station announcer
Wedding musician
Campus ministry intern

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
Roxanne
Princess Bride
Star Wars- the original, not the ones that turn Darth Vader into a whiny middle school student
Casablanca

Four Musicians or Groups I'm Obsessing About Right Now:
(I had to change this, since I've only lived two places in my life)
Crowded House (new album! new tour!)
Paul Simon
Fountains of Wayne
Andrew Bird

Four TV Shows I Love:
Northern Exposure
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Carol Burnett Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show

Four Places I've Vacationed:
Ireland
Japan
Jamaica
Germany

Four of My Favorite Dishes:
Gyros
Thai Beef Salad
Sushi
Belgian Beef Beer Stew

Four Sites I Visit Daily:
Episcopal Life
Education Wonks
Scheiss Weekly
Education in Texas

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
Galapagos Islands
County Kerry, Ireland
Japan
Tulsa

Four People I am Tagging:
Polski3
Educat
100 Farmers
5/17

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7/18/07, 12:12 PM, Blogger ms. whatsit said...

I love the earlier episodes of Northern Exposure too. Our public television station has been running the entire series. It's too bad it fizzled out in the final season.

 
At 7/19/07, 9:44 AM, Blogger Smithie said...

While the final season was well "over the shark" I loved how JoEL got home.

Ms. C, once again you characterize the Star Wars debacle that was the prequels sooo well.

 
At 7/19/07, 9:49 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

The last season of NE was AWWWWWWWful. Who WERE those people? Why did they think we would care?

And I could write a doctoral thesis on Star Wars. There is SO much wrong with episodes I-III. Where to begin????????

 
At 7/20/07, 9:48 AM, Blogger Shan said...

I am glad you also have the same opinion of the new Star Wars movies--and that irritation continued when they digitally remastered the Return of the Jedi to have Hayden Christensen as the ghost of Annikin at the end...arg.

 
At 7/20/07, 12:39 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Ah, the mark of a true okie.....saying she'd rather be in TULSA in July than where ever she is now...... :-)

Star Wars.....just enjoy them. It is all made up, so what if...whatever. Just enjoy them. I am looking forward to the new Indiana Jones movie !

 
At 7/22/07, 8:55 AM, Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

I think most of us who saw the original Star Wars movies tend to view them as better - I know I do, and I certainly agree with your assessment of Darth Vader as a whiney middle schooler! Brilliant!

 
At 7/23/07, 4:50 PM, Blogger W.R. Chandler said...

Seriously? Crowded House has a new album? I am SO THERE!

If CDs could wear out from being played to much, my Recurring Dream: Best of Crowded House album would have been belly-up a long time ago. The funny thing about that album is that my favorite song from it - "Instinct" - wasn't even released on the radio to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you for listening. I have to have some sort of outlet to vent my love for Crowded House.

 
At 7/24/07, 4:40 PM, Blogger W.R. Chandler said...

If CDs could wear out from being played TOO much...

I just noticed that error of errors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics