A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 16, 2009

Movie Madness Monday 137: Innisfree edition

Yes, I am pondering all things Irish this week, and remembering how beautiful the Emerald Isle is. What a heartbreak for my great-grandmama to leave and go to the middle of the dry, hot prairie. Thank God we carry home in our hearts even if we never get to return in person.

Leave your quotes from this classic in the comments section!

"I'll count three, and if you're not out of the house by then, I'll loose the dogs on you!"
"If you say "three," mister, you'll never hear the man count 'ten.'"

"America - ha! Prohibition! You see that over there? That's the ancestral home of ancient Flynns. It was taken from us by... by... by the Druids!"

"Two women in the house - and one of them a redhead!"

"Now I want yous all to cheer like Protestants!"


Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3/16/09, 7:50 PM, Blogger Ricochet said...

Quiet Man, isn't it?

 
At 3/17/09, 12:41 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

A pound on Thornton, against the Squire!

 
At 3/23/09, 5:34 PM, Blogger Law and Order Teacher said...

The Quiet Man, one of my favorites,

"And green, it looks the way all Irish cottages should look, and seldom do."

"Red is more durable."



"Is the fight over, Snuffy?"

"No your lordship, just round one."


"When I drink water, I drink water. When I drink, whiskey I drink whiskey."

"No pattyfingers if you please."

"This has been a fight I'd come a long way to see."

I could go on, but some else should continue.

Thanks for the link. I'll do the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics