A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Should I feel guilty?

Is it un-Christian of me to secretly rejoice over the news that the teacher who flat-out failed to contact me REPEATEDLY and contrary to school policy when my child was struggling in her class-- and hello? I am IN THE BUILDING and somewhat well known-- has decided that she will not return next year?

Because, you know, I am trying to keep a holy Lent, but I am restraining the urge to dance in a jubilant manner.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3/16/09, 8:44 AM, Blogger bev said...

I believe you can honestly pray that the door does no harm to her backside when she uses it to exit the building. After all, you only have her best interests at heart.

 
At 3/16/09, 6:14 PM, Blogger Ms Characterized said...

Mayhap a tiny shimmy?

 
At 3/19/09, 9:09 PM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Oh, heck, Ms. Cornelius, David danced naked before the Lord. Surely you can do the same! (Uh, did I say that???)

 
At 3/23/09, 7:17 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Why, CTG!!!!!! People would think that that was the onset of the apocalypse!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics