A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, May 05, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 113: Prom revenge edition

You know what? I'm going to change it up for this week's Movie Madness Monday. It's prom season, again, and thank the LORD I don't have to chaperone it, and so I'm going to do a MMM theme week.

Pick a movie that has a dance or prom scene in it. Put your favorite quote in the comments section, along with the movie from which it came.

So put your quotes in the comments section.

here's mine:

"Even if this was not a law, which it is, I'm afraid I would have a lot of difficulty endorsing an enterprise which is as fraught with genuine peril as I believe this one to be. Besides the liquor and the drugs which always seem to accompany such an event the thing that distresses me even more, Ren, is the spiritual corruption that can be involved. These dances and this kind of music can be destructive, and, uh, Ren, I'm afraid you're going to find most of the people in our community are gonna agree with me on this. "
----from Footloose. I LOVE Kevin Bacon!

Now it's your turn!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5/5/08, 6:25 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I like these two - from the same movie, Pretty in Pink:

This is a really volcanic ensemble you're wearing, it's really marvelous!

If you give off signals that you don't want to belong, people will make sure that you don't.

 
At 5/5/08, 8:37 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Favorite Kevin Bacon line?

"Thank you sir - may I have another?" - Animal House

 
At 5/6/08, 2:15 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"Yeah, well if life were to suddenly get fair, I doubt it would happen in high school."

 
At 5/6/08, 5:35 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

I'm thinking:

"TOGA! TOGA!"

and

"Do you mind if we dance with your dates?"

 
At 5/10/08, 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sir - may I have another?

 
At 5/10/08, 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt it would happen in high school

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics