A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 14, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 110: Cornelius edition

Okay this has been a tumultuous week, and I have a few things bothering me that are trivial versus merely sad (see post below). So as you know, my moniker here is derived from a couple of things, but one of them is a character in this movie, which I was thinking about because someone in it died last week. Cryptic enough for you? I'll bet not.

So even though this thing was cheesier than a French fromagerie, I just can't help myself.

And Chuck, I guess we can have your musket, now.

But here are your quotes. Cast yourself back in a time machine for this one:



"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

"The Forbidden Zone was once a paradise. Your breed made a desert of it, ages ago."

"Taylor, you are not in command here! Put down that gun!"

"Cornelius, a friendly word of warning: as you dig for artifacts, be sure you don't bury your reputation."

"Doctor, I'd like to kiss you goodbye."
"All right, but you're so damned ugly."

***Weekend Update: This week's movie was one of THE finest works from the oeuvre of the late Chalton Heston, and one of the reasons I am named Cornelius. It is

THE PLANET OF THE APES!


Look how lucky Ms. Cornelius is, there! I wanna kiss a half-naked astronaut, too!

Au revoir, Chuck!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4/14/08, 8:24 PM, Blogger Butterfly Angel said...

Yikes, I remember watching this when it first opened!!!! My children loved Chuck as Moses in "The Ten Commandments" ~ May he rest in peace.



"My God, we destroyed (blew up) the planet!" I think I paraphrased it but you get the idea..

 
At 4/14/08, 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a mad house! A maaaaaad house!!

 
At 4/16/08, 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev got mine.

I'm not at all a gun guy, but I've gotta say I loved watching Chuck raise that rifle and growl his line. And I bet he's probably laughing when people make the joke about getting his gun now -- the sendup sketch he did on SNL is some pretty good proof he could laugh at himself.

 
At 5/10/08, 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a mad house! A maaaaaad house!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics