A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 24, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 108: two left feet edition

Spring break means watching lots of movies, and so let's launch ourselves on another edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Just put your quotes in the comments section!


"She looks like a cocktail waitress on an oil rig."

"We are SO lucky. We are SO lucky to have been raised amongst catalogs."

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked for a toy that you don't have!"

"Look at Scott! He is prancing along with the dog! Man, I tell you something, if you live in my neighborhood and you're dressed like that, you'd better be a hotel doorman."

"We have you down for a queen."
"What are you suggesting... my dear man?"

"We met at Starbucks. Not at the same Starbucks, but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other."

"Go to the hotel and get Busy Bee! Run! Run!!!"

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3/24/08, 7:04 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

This movie is part of a series of mockumentaries that are one of the highlights of my life. I'm not in the least surprised to find yet another of my favorites right here on your blog!

Christopher Guest is a genius.

Oh, and I know them all by heart. Really.

 
At 3/24/08, 11:16 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Well, then, my dear, give over! And yes, he IS. And I'm not done with him yet! Although, I really curled up with Princess Bride this weekend, and he was great in that too, even though it's not really a mockumentary.

 
At 3/25/08, 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Cornelius, I couldn't find your email so hopefully you read this, a friend and I just finished making a tool that calculates kid's chances of getting in their selected colleges, would you be willing to blog about it?

www.CollegeProject.net

Regards,

Jason Mueller
Jmueller@strattapark.com

 
At 3/25/08, 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie and I have an amazing relationship and it's very physical, he still pushes all my buttons. People say 'oh but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.

 
At 3/27/08, 12:00 AM, Blogger SciGuy said...

"Rhapsody has two mommies."

That's a great one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics