A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 14, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 98: metal bikini edition

Thinking of leadership made me think of this movie for this week's M Cubed. So put your quotes in the comments section without outing the movie!

I really liked how they used the monster from Little Shop of Horrors to save money in this film. Clever! I also like how the lead singer for the Moody Blues played General Nadine. It's good to see old pop stars not fade away.

Aw, I'm just kidding. But let's see if those clues helped.



"I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur."
"There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know."
"You're going to die here, you know. Convenient."

"How we doin'?"
"Same as usual."
"Oh, that bad, huh?"

"I love you."
"I know."

"Look, I WANT you to take her! I MEAN it!"

"Patience, my friend. In time, he will seek YOU out."

"I never knew I had it in me!"

"I do believe they think I am some kind of god."
"Well, why don't you use your divine influence and get us out of this?"
"I beg your pardon, but that just wouldn't be proper."
"Proper?!!!"
"It's against my programming to impersonate a deity."

****Weekend Update: You all need to go see

STAR WARS VI: THE RETURN OF THE JEDI


again. It was a satisfying if bittersweet end to the saga, even if they've gone back in and put in whiny Hayden Christensen into the scene where Luke sees all of his fallen Jedi protectors and predecessors. I guess we should be glad they didn't put Jake Lloyd in.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1/14/08, 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghads I stink at these. I have no clue.

 
At 1/15/08, 12:15 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.

 
At 1/15/08, 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I love you."
"I know."

"It's not like that at all. He's my brother..."

Mike

 
At 1/15/08, 5:39 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"How many languages do you speak?"
"I am fluent in over six million forms of "Splendid! We have been without an interpreter since our master got angry with our last protocol droid and disintegrated him."
"Disintegrated?"

 
At 1/16/08, 10:57 PM, Blogger Dr Pezz said...

"Yub yub."

 
At 1/17/08, 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the gimme:

"I have a bad feeling about this."

 
At 1/17/08, 6:36 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

So you see, what I told you WAS true...from a certain point of view.

You want this don't you? I can feel the hate swelling inside you.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics