A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 07, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 97: Asterisk edition

Welcome to another Movie Madness Monday, trying to see if I stump you less this week. But I beg you: please use asterisks for the bad bits on this one.

You know how to do this: put your quote from the same movie in the comments section!

"Has the whole world gone crazy???? Am I the only one here who gives a shit about the rules?????? Mark it ZERO!"

"Her life is in your hands."
"Oh man, don't say that."

"Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? Sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here - the Dude from Los Angeles. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude. The Dude, from Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in all of Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. Sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Well, I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced it enough."

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish."

"Ulli doesn't care about anything. He's a Nihilist."
"Ah. Must be exhausting."

"Darkness warshed over the Dude - darker'n a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night. There was no bottom."

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 1/7/08, 3:36 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax."

 
At 1/7/08, 3:38 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1/7/08, 3:41 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Sorry - I forgot about the asterisks...

I JUST bought myself this DVD because I didn't get it for Christmas!

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."

"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't f*ing ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as s**t don't f*ing roll! Shomer shabbos!"

And, my favorite:

"The Dude abides."

 
At 1/8/08, 12:26 AM, Blogger Dr Pezz said...

"Watch the beverage, man!"

 
At 1/8/08, 9:46 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"You must be here to fix the cable."
"Lord. You can imagine where it goes from here."
"He fixes the cable?"
"Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey."

 
At 1/9/08, 5:19 PM, Blogger Jess said...

"Over the line!"

 
At 1/10/08, 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That rug really tied the room together."

 
At 1/10/08, 9:39 PM, Blogger Wes said...

"Nice marmot."

"I'll suck your d*** for a thousand dollars. Brandt can't watch, though, or he has to pay a hundred."

"Say, friend - you got anymore of that good sasparilla?"

"This aggression will not stand, man!"

WF

 
At 1/12/08, 1:39 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Walter, he peed on my rug! "

 
At 1/12/08, 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My... my wi-, my wife, Bunny? Do you see a wedding ring on my finger? Does this place look like I'm f***ing married? The toilet seat's up, man!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics