A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, August 27, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 80: Eve Arden edition

Welcome to a better-late-than-never edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game.

Before we get started, I have a couple of questions: Any movies you'd like to see me do that I haven't done? Would you like to switch for a while to Music Madness Mondays, where we identify lines from songs? Whattaya think?

Anyway, here's how we play: I give you some quotes from a movie, and you respond in the comments section with a quote from the same movie. I will then later name the movie, IF my router doesn't hang while I try to edit the post, which has been the problem lately.

Okay??? Here goes:

"Geez! Every teacher I got flunked me at least once!"
"Well, I ain't taking no crap off her this year!"
"If she crosses me, she's gonna find out who's boss!"

"We have pictures of you so-called mooners. And just because the pictures aren't of your faces doesn't mean we can't identify you. At this very moment those pictures are on their way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge!"

"Beauty is pain!"

"Attention seniors. Before the merriment of commencement commences, I hope that your years with us here at Rydell have prepared you for the challenges you face. Who knows? Among you there may be a future Eleanor Roosevelt or a Rosemary Clooney, and among you young men, there may be a Joe DiMaggio, a President Eisenhower, or a Vice-President Nixon."

"You mean you're dropping out?"
"I don't look at it as dropping out! I look at it as a very strategic career move."


And go!

****Weekend Update: The movie that brought bakc the musical for me was

GREASE!


Look how adorable they both were! And ya gotta love Didi Conn and Stockard Channing, any time.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8/27/07, 8:02 PM, Blogger McGivney Flyer said...

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

 
At 8/27/07, 8:21 PM, Blogger Sam said...

"You're a fake and a phony, and I wish I'd never laid eyes on you!"

 
At 8/27/07, 9:11 PM, Blogger educat said...

You know, in a much simpler time, I appeared in the stage version of this gem, twirling a baton and grinning manically.

It was a much simpler time.

"Can we stop by the drugstore on the way? I think I got my friend."

and everyone shouts "YYAAAAAAAYYYY!!!"

 
At 8/27/07, 11:28 PM, Blogger Dr Pezz said...

"Well, I'm sure an afternoon of banging chalk erasers together will help you now, won't it?"

"When I hear music, I just can't make my feet behave."

 
At 8/28/07, 9:42 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

"We're seniors this year and we're gonna RULE the school!"

"You're making fun of me, Riz?"

"I'd like to see more of you boys this year!"
"Yeah, we'd like to see more of you, too!" (that may actually be from the lame sequel to this movie...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics