A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, August 20, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 79: Not what you appear to be edition

Welcome to another round of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. I was incredibly busy if not freaked out last week, so let's go with some real highbrow entertainment this week.

You know the drill: I give you some quotes, you put your favorite quote from the same movie in the comments section. Couldn't be easier!

I'm off to the Crowded House concert tonight, and I have to drive a few hundred miles, but it's worth it! So have fun playing while I am gone!

"Seamus O'Toole."
"Bobby O'Shea."

"She hasn't answered your calls, she didn't respond to any of your letters, she didn't respond to the candygram. God only knows what happened to the kitten you got for her. 'Cause she didn't keep it, and I know you're not raising the damn thing. I think it's very obvious at this juncture that she just flat out does not wanna see you anymore."

"And now for our second reading I'd like to ask the bride's sister Gloria up to the lectern."
"20 bucks First Corinthians."
"Double or nothing Colossians 3:12."
"A reading from Paul's first letter to the Corinthians...."





Aaaand go!

****Weekend update: Nothing is more charming than those who seize upon the celebration of Love's Young Dream and use it as a chance to behave abominable, as in

THE WEDDING CRASHERS


Even after this, I still don't get Vince Vaughan. Or Owen Wilson, for all that. Funny? Yes. Sexy? Like Woody Allen, and not as funny, unless of course you're talking about Purple Rose of Cairo funny, in which case, they're about right.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8/20/07, 9:22 AM, Blogger leesepea said...

"Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye."

"Meet me at the back of the room; I'll be the guy waiting to say 'I told you so.'"

"You may kiss the first mate."

"HEY, MOM! CAN WE GET SOME MEATLOAF?"

Oh, yes. Very high-brow.

*Giggle*

 
At 8/20/07, 9:42 AM, Blogger M-Dawg said...

"I crashed a funeral today. It wasn't my idea, I was basically dragged to it."

"I think you're going to hear crickets."

Loved this movie - it still cracks me up!!!! :-)

PS Enjoy the concert! :-)

 
At 8/20/07, 9:45 AM, Blogger Sam said...

"Hey, listen. What angle are you going to play here?"
"I am going to go with the balloon animal display. For the kids. And then when she comes near, guess who is the broken man, haunted past? How about you?"
"I am going to go dance with the little flower girl. Oh, and I might be a charter member of Oprah's book club."
"It's all deadly."

 
At 8/20/07, 11:00 AM, Blogger Dr Pezz said...

"What are you going to do for an encore? Walk on water?"

"So how's my protégé?"
"Jeremy, believe it or not, is getting married!"
"What? What an idiot! What a loser! Good! Good! More for you and me."

"I'm not perfect, but who are we kidding, neither are you."

 
At 8/22/07, 5:54 AM, Blogger Mike Crowl said...

Never played this game before, but here goes:

So what happens after he climbs up and rescues her?
She rescues him right back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics