A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, August 13, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 78: Faulty test results edition

Hmmm. Ever had a lovely little letter from a lab saying that you need more tests? Ever had it arrive early on a Saturday so that then you got to spend all weekend stewing about it? Then you'll know why this movie is the choice for this week. Don't let me down, now.

You know the drill: I give you the starter quotes, you put your quotes from the same movie in the comments section.



"Who was it who said 'Adversity is the stone on which I sharpen my blade?'"

"You went through my stuff?"
"Ja, I go through everyone's stuff. Forgive me."

"Lunch is served!"

"This can't be right."

"i just love these sheets. I was just takin' them for a ride around the block."

"I really wanted to meet you. And I shoulda ate that. I shoulda ate all that stuff. Especially that. Shoulda put my FOOT in that."

"Ohhh LORD! Why ME?????!!!!"

****Weekend Update: Queen Latifah was sweetly understated in this one:

LAST HOLIDAY


which was the remake of an Alec Guinness film. I liked this, and it's good to see that LL Cool J is still mighty fine! Not to mention Gerard Depardieu.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8/13/07, 10:37 AM, Blogger Dr Pezz said...

What could be my new motto:

"Next time... we will laugh more, we'll love more; we just won't be so afraid."

 
At 8/13/07, 2:47 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"What world was I living in?"

 
At 8/16/07, 10:40 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

I'm at a loss with this one.

But you inspire me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics