Thursday Thirteen Number 3
1. Football teaches you about life (pronounced l-a-h-f).
2. The Orange Bowl isn't the Orange Bowl unless OU is playing in it for the national championship.
3. Barbecue is the best food ever.
4. Louisiana Hot Sauce is good on everything.
5. Watermelon is more interesting with salt on it.
6. Wuthering Heights is a great book. My dad insisted I read it when I was about 11, and I loved it.
7. A mechanic is only as good as his tools.
8. A man can live his life as a complete, patriarchal, sexist pig-- until he has a little girl who might not get to do whatever she wants.
9. A real friend helps his friends whenever they need help, and tries to do it humbly and secretly.
10. You should never be without a pocket knife-- and he was right. Everytime I haven't had one, I needed one.
11. The day is not done until the crossword puzzle is done.
12. Little children like green gum.
13. A good vocabulary can take you anywhere.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants