A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, January 29, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 50: the DDGC edition

Welcom to Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. I give you quotes, you respond with a quote of your own from the same movie. We do not reveal the name of the movie until Monday, so that everyone can play. Even those who are not members of the Dead Dad Girls' Club.

This week, I am breaking all the rules. This is a serious milestone week for me, and I am feeling... unsettled. A year ago I was sitting in a hospital room, preparing to descend into a pit of despair. This is what I'm going to offer you this week.

One quote. But it says it all.

"Offer me money--"
"Yes!"
"Power too! Promise that!"
"All that I have and more!-- Please."
"Offer me everything I ask for."
"Anything you want."
[Pause]
"I want my father back, you son of a bitch."

Do me proud, friends.

**** This week we certainly had fun storming the castle, because we celebrated
THE PRINCESS BRIDE



This is probably one of my favorite movies ever. I love it so much, I have memorized almost every line. If you have not seen it, shame on you.

What's it about?

"Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles... "

What else could anyone want? It would take a miracle. "Or a wheelbarrow-- that would really be something!"

By the way, according to IMDb.com: "Mandy Patinkin revealed that acting out Inigo's quest to avenge his father's murder brought back memories of losing his own father to cancer in 1972. He said that when filming the scene when Inigo kills 'The Six-Fingered Man' he felt like he had just 'killed' the cancer that killed his father."

I wish I could feel the same way.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 1/29/07, 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody want a peanut?

 
At 1/29/07, 8:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I could give you my word as a Spaniard."

"No good. I've known too many Spaniards"

 
At 1/29/07, 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie!!!

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

"Lemme 'splain. No. There is too much. Lemme sum up..."

 
At 1/29/07, 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mrschili used both of my favorite quotes already, so...

"When I was your age, television was called books."

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."

"You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to kill you."
"You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to die."

"As you wish..." *man rolls down hill*

"You know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."

I could go on, but I love seeing what other people love from the movie.

 
At 1/29/07, 2:09 PM, Blogger Sara said...

As a teacher, the quote below just seems so appropriate on so many days...

"Doesn't sound too bad; I'll try to stay awake."
"Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming."

 
At 1/29/07, 2:26 PM, Blogger Jess said...

One of my all-time favorites...

"Liar! Liaaaarrrrr!"
"Get back, witch!"
"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours."

"Is this a kissing book?"

 
At 1/29/07, 4:54 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

"Mawwage, that bwessed event..."

I love the Rodents Of Unusual Size, too.

 
At 1/29/07, 6:55 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father...prepare to die!

 
At 1/29/07, 8:31 PM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Now if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.

Good Night boy. Most likely I will kill you in the morning.

 
At 1/29/07, 8:48 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"Do you think it'll work?"

"It would take a miracle."

There IS no cooler movie.

 
At 1/29/07, 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I would as soon destroy a stained glass window than an artist such as yourself...but, since I can't have you following me..*thunk*

or

"Sleep well, and dream of large women"

or

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect." "I'm just getting started!..Where was I?" "Australia."

and finally, I leave you with this-

"What do you have to live for that's so important, huh???!"
"True Love."

 
At 1/29/07, 10:34 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

I'm on late tonight, so a lot of the good quotes are taken, but I will still start with one of the best, that Jess already stated:

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours."

"Get used to disappointment."

"Ever hear of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?"
"Yes."
"MORONS!"


"I'm not really left-handed..."

 
At 1/30/07, 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You survived the Fire Swamp, so you must be very brave, but no one withstands The Machine."

One teacher actually had me show this to her one class - they really loved it (even though they had to write about it in detail!).

 
At 1/30/07, 5:13 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Actually, this movie is an excellent example of parody of the fairy tale format. If I still taught English or reading, I could use this film quite nicely.

"I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive."

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"

 
At 1/30/07, 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know somthing you do not."

"What is that?"

"I am not left handed either."

 
At 1/31/07, 12:07 AM, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

"It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all...

DROP. YOUR. SWORD."

(clank)

 
At 2/2/07, 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend's little girl calls it the
"Aaaaaaah-s Youuuuuuuu Wiiiiiiiiishhhh!" movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics