A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nothing to see here-- just petty griping. Move along....

Dear Clueless AP:

1. It's now officially two weeks since I wrote the referral on the girl who was not only insubordinate and uncooperative but who regaled me with her limited but vehement command of modern obscenity including the f-dash-dash-dash word. Today I observed a girl say "G-ddammit" to your face and get a three day out-of-school suspension. I have not received my referral back. I have not forgotten about this.

2. You have demanded that ANY TIME I see Kid A outside of your hallway that I report this to you immediately. Yes, I will get right on that. Meanwhile, there's this little thing I do called --teaching? Perhaps you have heard of it? No? Well, basically, it means that I am usually trying to enlighten and simultaneously entertain about 28 teenagers at a time without access to a phone whenever the mood strikes. You let this kid back into our building. I fail to see why I should serve as a living, breathing lo-jack to this little miscreant.

3. Today, I received a district evaluation form asking my opinion of your performance.

Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh.

I bet I get that referral back tomorrow.

8 Comments:

At 1/31/07, 7:39 AM, Blogger Amerloc said...

Hehe! Sometimes the timing on those things is just too sweet.

 
At 1/31/07, 8:56 AM, Blogger M-Dawg said...

You go girl! :-)

 
At 1/31/07, 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of those times that makes you believe just a little bit more in kharma.

 
At 1/31/07, 4:16 PM, Blogger Jaqui said...

At least you get to evaluate said AP. I would love to do that...for almost the same reasons!

 
At 1/31/07, 6:06 PM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I do so hope that you sent this to the clueless AP!

 
At 1/31/07, 8:13 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

Do you really get to evaluate APs? Lucky.

 
At 1/31/07, 8:33 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

EVALUATE YOUR ADMINISTRATORS????? Like, WHAT kind of a school district are you teaching in?????

Seriously though, is this administrative evaluation something in your union contract or something your board or superintendant came up with????

My fuddled, but inquiring mind wants to KNOW !

 
At 2/1/07, 7:13 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

It's been there as long as I have been teaching. Of course, we don't get to evaluate each administrator every year, but yes, it still is one teeny little way to vent about potential problems. One endeavors to be fair and mature, of course, while being truthful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics