A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, February 26, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 54: Because IT IS edition

As the glitter from the Oscars has barely settled on the ground, let us celebrate with another Movie Madness Monday. Here's how we play: I give you some quotes, you respond with a quote of your own from the same movie without naming the movie. Simple!

This one's in honor of the academy award for best documentary.

"I've eaten things that didn't complain this much."

"Look, the tigers are just playing tag with the antelope...."
[pause]
"...with their teeth."

"He's not much to look at, but it's so hard to find a family man these days."
"Tell me about it. All of the sensitive ones get eaten."

"Tae Kwon Dodos-- ATTACK!"

"Well, I think mating for life is stupid. I mean, there's plenty of me to go around!"

"What ho, a foe!"

****Weekend Update: Expect a Mammoth good time watching

ICE AGE!


What can I say? I'm a mom. And Denis Leary as a sabre-toothed tiger? Who can resist?

Now let's hope it warms up around here real soon, as I am tired of icy tootsies.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2/26/07, 6:27 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

"Prepare to defend the Dodo way of life!"

 
At 2/26/07, 12:25 PM, Blogger Minerva said...

My family abandoned me. They kinda migrated without me. You should have seen what they did last year. I mean, they got up early, and quickly tied up my hands and feet, and gagged me with a field mouse, and barricated the cave door, and covered their tracks, and went through water so I'd lose their scent, and... and... who needs them anyway?

 
At 2/26/07, 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So she picks this hair off my shoulder, and says, 'If you're gonna have a second mating dance, at least pick a sloth with the same color pelt.' And I go, 'Whoa -- she's gonna go praying mantis on me!' Know what I'm saying?"

Also, I get the Gore reference (did I ever tell you about how I meet the former Veep?). Also, slightly off-topic, but hooray for Scorsese.

 
At 2/26/07, 6:55 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

For a second there, I actually thought you were gonna eat me.
Nah, I don't eat junkfood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics