A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 09, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 34: Accents Overheard at the Fair

Let us now celebrate the safe return of the Clan Cornelius from the Old Home State, and not hang our heads low from the outcome of that little football game in Dallas, but now condescend to play Movie Madness Monday-- the movie quote trivia game.

So here's the sitcheeashun: I give you some quotes, you respond with some of your own from the same fine piece of cinema, but you don't name the film until Thursday, so that ever'one gits ta play. Okie-dokie?

Here ya go, then:


"Vernon here's got a job. Vernon's got prospects."

"Oh, George... not the livestock!"

"I'll tell you what I am - I'm the damn paterfamilias!"

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."

"I had to be up at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil."
"Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated."

"We got you surrounded! Just come on out and grabbin' air! And don't try nothing fancy! Your sitcheeashun is purty nigh hopeless!"

"I'm gonna kill you, Judas Iscariot Hogwallop!"

****Thursday Update: Ulysses had nothing on this update, which was

O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?

There is only one word to say about the Coen brothers:

GENIUS.

Thanks for playing!

8 Comments:

At 10/9/06, 7:19 AM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

"Reckon you want them chains knocked off."

" - My hair."

 
At 10/9/06, 1:24 PM, Blogger Ms. George said...

"Pete, the personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment. But I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativism."

I love this movie (and the soundtrack, too)!

 
At 10/9/06, 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I like the smell of my hair treatment -- the pleasing odor is half the point."

I am a gigantic G.C. fan. Glad he got the Oscar.

 
At 10/9/06, 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Them syreens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad."

 
At 10/9/06, 10:23 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

You two are just dumber than a bag of hammers

 
At 10/9/06, 10:37 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"I'm a Dapper Dan man!"

"She done R-U-N-N-O-F-T!"

 
At 10/10/06, 10:28 PM, Blogger amanda said...

"Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated. "

Great Movie!

 
At 10/10/06, 10:31 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Sorry for the repeat! One more try:)

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere! "

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics