A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 02, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 33: Torah Edition

It's time for Movie Madness Monday. Match wits with the wittiest trivia geek in the world when it comes to movies! Step right up!

Here's what we do: I give you some quotes from a movie. You respond in the comments section with a quote or two of your own. We do not reveal the name of the movie, though until Thursday, because everyone should get a chance to play. 'Kay?

And now, in honor of the High Holy Days, a little story about the power of religion. Try this one....



"You can't do this to me!-- I'm an AMERICAN!"

"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together-- I've got nothing better to do."

"They're digging in the wrong place!"

"You're not the man I knew ten years ago."
"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

"Your persistence surprises even me. You're going to give mercenaries a bad name."

"Next time, it will take more than children to save you!"

"Forget any ideas about lost cities, exotic travel and digging up the world…we do not follow maps to buried treasure and x never EVER marks the spot!"

"Good God!"
"Yes, that's what the Hebrews thought. "

****Thursday Update: Grab your bullwhip and dodge those poison arrows! It's

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!

Introducing the one and only Indiana Jones! (MMM-MMMM- GOOD!) Steven Speilberg and George Lucas teamed up to recreate the genre of swash-buckling adventure in this one, and it was a great idea! You know they're talking about number five, which has been tentatively entitled "Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time" since Harrisson Ford is now, like, 78. Bus he's a gorgeous 78. In fact, let's see a close-up, Mr. DeMille:
Ah, yes.

17 Comments:

At 10/2/06, 8:24 AM, Blogger Sam said...

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

One of my all time favorites!

 
At 10/2/06, 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Forrestal. He was good....very, very good."


-Matt

 
At 10/2/06, 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Asps. Very dangerous...you go first."

 
At 10/2/06, 4:16 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Bad dates."

 
At 10/2/06, 6:50 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

"No time to argue throw me the idol, I'll throw you the whip..."

How many times have I fallen for that line only to find the guy who fed me that line with an arrow through his head further down the path? Not a quote just an observation.

 
At 10/2/06, 7:24 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

"How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?"

"Try the local sewer"

 
At 10/2/06, 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get back to Cairo. Get us passage to England, a boat, a plane, anything.
What are you going to do?
I don't know, I'm making this up as I go.

 
At 10/2/06, 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You Americans - you're all the same with overdressing for the wrong occasions. Now, what shall we talk about?"

 
At 10/2/06, 8:28 PM, Blogger EHT said...

"Hang on lady. We go for ride."


I love this movie!

 
At 10/2/06, 9:25 PM, Blogger Jim Connolly said...

Wow, one I actually know! My favorite part is when his face melts. Serves him right!

 
At 10/3/06, 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elementary History Teacher, you're thinking of the sequel. (Although an inferior movie, it has a lot more quotable lines.)

 
At 10/3/06, 3:37 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Oh my friends! I am so glad you are not dead!"

 
At 10/3/06, 8:55 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

"Where DOESN"T it hurt?"

"Here, and here, and maybe here"

 
At 10/3/06, 9:38 PM, Blogger EHT said...

Hugh SIGH....Apparently I need remediation.

 
At 10/3/06, 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am surprised to find you squeamish; that is not your reputation."

 
At 10/5/06, 6:43 AM, Blogger graycie said...

Oh -- OH -- I know this one -- but I can't remember any quotes -- but I love the scene with the screaming mob in chase and then the huge dude all in black with his whirling swords and what happens to him. And the hat never ever falls off.

 
At 10/6/06, 10:11 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Then, you need to watch it again, Graycie. In fact, let's all watch it again-- even though I just watched it to be able to feature it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics