A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, September 25, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 32: Queen Bee and Wannabe edition

It's Movie Madness Monday, again! Here's the deal: Each Monday, I post some salient quotes from one wonderful example from the world of film. You then respond to said quotes by posting a quote of your own from the same film. As I am addicted to quotes, I get validation, and you help me feel that I am not the only geek in the world that quotes huge blocks of text from movies that I have seen. I seek to delurk you through geekiness! Who can resist?

We will not tell what the movie is until Thursday, since I got a late start today.

So here we are, with a description of what I have HAVEN'T seen on cafeteria duty, praise the Maker:

"She knows everybody's business, she knows everything about everyone."
"That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets."

"I'm sorry that people are so jealous of me... but I can't help it that I'm so popular."

"That is so fetch!"

"Oh HELL, NO. I did NOT leave the South Side for this!"

"On Wednesdays we wear pink!"

"Why didn't they just keep home schooling you?"
"They wanted me to get socialized."
"Oh, you'll get socialized all right, a little slice like you."

"Irregardless, ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean that's just like the rules of feminism."

"Now what the young ladies in this grade need is an attitude makeover. And you're going to get it, right now. I don't care how long it takes. I will keep you here all night."
"We can't keep them past four."
"I will keep you here until four."


****Thursday Update: This week's movie was:

MEAN GIRLS!

Tina Fey was the best thing on Saturday Night Live since Jane Curtin, and she does an excellent job as screenwriter and actor in this fictionalized romp. Based on the non-fiction book, Queen Bees and Wannabes Tina turned this into a modern satire of all the popular girls we loved to hate in high school.

13 Comments:

At 9/25/06, 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed this one today. Great pick. I consider it the self-help therapy version of Heathers. I mean that in a good way.

"Calling somebody else fat won't make you skinnier. Calling somebody else stupid won't make you smarter...All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you."

Word vomit is a perfect phrase. So much nicer than verbal diarrhea as a term for speaking (or typing) without thinking.

 
At 9/25/06, 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the Heathers comment!

"She's fabulous, but she's evil."

 
At 9/25/06, 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"At your age, you're going to have a lot of urges: you're going to want to take off your clothes, and touch each other. But if you do touch each other ... you will get chlamydia. And die."

 
At 9/25/06, 7:47 PM, Blogger Fred said...

"She's grounded."

"Are they not allowed out when they're grounded?"

 
At 9/25/06, 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know any quotes, but I know what movie it is.

So here is one from IMDB:
"Irregardless, ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean that's just like the rules of feminism."

This is moving up on my NetFlix.

 
At 9/25/06, 8:59 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh man if I wasn't so tired. I feel like I should rock this post. I'm so ashamed. The fetch thing is definitely on the tip of my lips and I will not cheat. No, I will not cheat.:(

 
At 9/25/06, 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like INVENTED her, you know what I mean!

 
At 9/25/06, 10:10 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"He's too gay to function."

 
At 9/25/06, 10:49 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

I really don't know any quotes from this movie, but I do know Lindsey looked HOOO-OOTTT!!

 
At 9/26/06, 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you eating a Kalteen bar?
I'm starving.
Man, I hate those things. Coach Carr makes us eat those when we want to move up a weight class.
What?
They make you gain weight like crazy.
Motherf -
[she spits out the bite of the bar that she was chewing, and then she lets out a high-pitched scream]
Aaaaaaaah!

 
At 9/26/06, 9:01 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

I can't remember what this movie is. I know that I should know it, but it's just not coming to me. *sigh*

 
At 9/26/06, 9:50 PM, Blogger Iain Mavro Coggins said...

This is a great site, and I occasionally drop in to see what you've added. I too am an educator and you might like my blog too. I've put a link to yours on mine, but please check out www.horsephilosopher.blogspot.com

 
At 9/27/06, 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw her wearing army pants and flip flops so I wore army pants and flip flops"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics