Happy One Year Anniversary, Scott!
Scott Elliott over at Get on the Bus celebrated his one year blog-iversary on Tuesday. Scott's blog is an outgrowth of his work as an education reporter for the Dayton Daily News.
Scott always has a really good take on education, especially for those of us who live in the Land Between the Coasts. Here are my top five favorite posts of his:
1. This one tried to keep the NYT's John Tierney honest in vaunting private schools over public schools. Scott did a great job in highlighting questions about the veracity of some studies used in Tierney's article.
2. This one piggybacked off a LA Times article and offered a fascinating take on a fundamentalist minister who teaches kids retorts to use toward their teachers when they are presented with information about evolution, one of my favorite topics.
3. This post, somewhat related to the previous one, asks whether Ohio is an "island of ignorance" when it comes to to its science curriculum. (I think we all wonder that, no matter where we live, given the sorry state of science education all across the country.)
4. This post's title says it all: "My Mom made me fat!"
5. This one made me think that Scott has spent some time in a classroom-- it's regarding the ethical implications of a student allowing another student to copy off his work.
If you haven't read Scott's blog lately, go over and take a gander-- and leave a comment!