A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Larks!

Well, in less than a month we'll be back in school, and I have thus far gotten only about half of the things I wanted to get done done, so I thought I'd throw a few larky items your way and waste both your time and mine giving in to my inner goofball. The picture at right gives you an idea of what has been keeping me busy this summer-- my own little apes have been all over me this summer.

Monopoly enters the 21st century: The latest British version of the classic game Monopoly has gotten rid of all the Monopoly money in favor of a debit card. "In the new British version of Monopoly Here & Now, players type amounts into a palm-sized scanner and swipe their debit cards to seal the deal."

You think you've got a bad mother-in-law? This lady sued her former mother-in-law under Britain's Protection from Harassment Act for making her life hell. She was awarded $65,000.

In the "DUH!" category, Peter Cook says he was "stupid" to cheat on Christie Brinkley. How come it took him so long to come to the conclusion the rest of us came to a week ago?

4 Comments:

At 7/26/06, 4:17 PM, Blogger EHT said...

I think it's perfectly ok to take a lark every now and then. I wondered what was going on with your avatar earlier today and now I know....you were monkeying around with it. Sorry....couldn't help but say it.

I have the rest of this week left free and I have spent the last two days in my room working. It's been great therapy, but I think I'll take Friday just for me.

Love your new pic.....spend time with your little monkies all you can. When they are grown the opportunities are gone.

 
At 7/26/06, 4:53 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yeah, but it wasn't my choice-- It suddenly vanished from my blog because the original disappeared off the'net. I saved a copy of it to my old computer, but it went poof! a month ago, and somehow didn't transfer. That was very annoying, because I really liked that picture--it really summed up my philosophy. But this one is okay.

You're right-- they do grow up fast. They also are very loud. I'd like to take one car trip-- even down the street, without hearing "Maaaa-aaaaaaaaaa!"

I hope you are doing well. I've been thinking about you.

 
At 7/26/06, 7:30 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

"I think it's perfectly ok to take a lark every now and then."

I read that in the context of the last item and thought, "WHATT???"

hee hee

 
At 7/26/06, 9:19 PM, Blogger Dennis Fermoyle said...

Isn't it amazing how we always make all these plans for what we're going to get done in the summer. Then, if you're like me, you end up feeling guilty for the entire second half of it because you're getting so few of those things done. When will we ever learn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics