A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, July 07, 2006

I DEMAND a recount!

Sure, I'll take my chances, I thought. I'll be able to tease my husband about what a cool chick he married and remind him about the sliderule (my hero Heinlein would call it a slipstick) AND graphing calculator he used to wear on his BELT in college.

I am nerdier than 81% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

GAAAAAASSSSP! I am being punished for having a head for trivia-- yeah, that's it!

But then again, it IS a Friday night, and I am sitting at home in front of a computer.....

7 Comments:

At 7/8/06, 9:01 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

You're more of a nerd than I am, 62%. If only I had kept using Firefox! Or it could be the excuse I need to buy some more RAM for my computer.

 
At 7/8/06, 2:58 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oh, was Firefox cooler? I am now glad that I had 512 MB of ram, or that damn score might have been over 90....

 
At 7/8/06, 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Not nerdy, but then again maybe not all that cool either.'

But I am married to an engineer and the mother of a computer geek.

 
At 7/9/06, 5:55 PM, Blogger Chaz said...

I ended up at 25% not nerdy but not cool. Just what my children would say. I guess it's hard to be cool when you have three kids. However, my students think I'm somewhat cool and thats something.

 
At 7/9/06, 7:35 PM, Blogger Dennis Fermoyle said...

The test said that 93% were nerdier than I am. It also said that I'm probably cool. Actually, I'm afraid it's just that I'm not that smart.

 
At 7/10/06, 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only got 20%, I am a wanna be nerd. I am "Not nerdy, but definitely not hip."

I figured.

 
At 7/10/06, 9:24 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

See, here's the deal: my maiden name was at the front of the alphabet, so I often sat up front, and then when they stopped doing it, I was used to it.

Then, I happened to know the names of the guys in the pictures.

But hey-- I play in a part-time rock band! I own five guitars! I do martial arts- and not in a Napoleon Dynamite kind of way (THAT'S nerdy!). I love sports! I have excellent and varied taste in music, accoring to my students. Of course, if they'd asked about playing cello, I probably would have picked up a few more points....

I thinking I'm trying too hard here. Okay, I'm a nerd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics